The ECW (re)watch thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
So, some of us here on the forum have decided that we're going to (re)watch ECW.

Unfortunately a lot of the non-PPV Supercards are missing, but WWE Network does have every single episode of Hardcore TV and ECW on TNN, in addition to nearly every PPV.

If you don't have WWE Network you can get a free month by signing up. You have to give an email address and payment information but you will not be charged until 30 days later. At this point you can either start paying or simply create a new account with a new email address. You can even still use the same payment information. You can get free trials indefinitely, or until WWE finally closes this loophole.

Or you can follow along by other means which we won't discuss here.

So anyway, the plan is to watch roughly 5 hours of content per week, in order of original airdate.

Every week I will make a post covering which shows we're watching this week, and we can all discuss the shows as a group as we go along.

Some weeks it will be 5 hours of Hardcore TV, some weeks it will be just 2 PPV shows, other weeks it will be a mix.

Even though most of us have seen it before, please try not to talk about events and results that took place after whatever our current timeframe is. For that sort of discussion please use spoiler tags or the big ol' wwe thread.

So let's get down to it.

The earliest shows available on WWE Network are simply the first five episodes of Hardcore TV

So, try to get though the following shows by the end of Sunday, April 23:
ECW Hardcore TV Episode 001: April 06, 1993
ECW Hardcore TV Episode 002: April 13, 1993
ECW Hardcore TV Episode 003: April 20, 1993
ECW Hardcore TV Episode 004: April 27, 1993
ECW Hardcore TV Episode 005: May 04, 1993

Let's do this :buttrock:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome, love the plan!
ecw_zps3447df87.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You need a girlfriend.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Watching the first episode and saw a Sandman video clip. I had forgotten he had been in the USWA.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I was just talking about doing something similar last week with a work colleague. Such a great time. I remember stumbling onto ECW back around 96-97 on a friend's satellite dish. We were astounded by what we saw.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's easy to forget there was a time when the Public Enemy wasn't fat

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I still remember first being exposed to ECW- I had a class with this dude who was sort of a friend who ordered the original November to Remember on PPV and taped it on VHS, then let me borrow the tape.

It was like fuck me this is the real shit.

Raven was my favorite wrestler for many years. He had such a great character in ECW and got to wrestle a style that made him look brutal in the ring.

Then WCW put Saturn in a dress.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Raven was my favorite wrestler for many years. He had such a great character in ECW and got to wrestle a style that made him look brutal in the ring.

Then WCW put Saturn in a dress.

Let's be honest though, Raven's wrestling sucks.

Perry Saturn...so good, too bad he was never utilized better.

what is wrong with you people.

STFU and get EXTREME with us...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, if you are patient I promise you it will deliver.

I'm watching episode 2 ATM...steady wins the race.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
NeoSneth we're starting at the very beginning
Spoiler:
Eddie Gilbert was the booker so you may want to wait until Paul E Dangerously takes over. Some of it is laughable cheesy wrasslin for the first 30ish episodes.

Obviously the more the merrier but if you're going to enjoy it, your best chance will be 5-6 weeks from now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's not the very beginning. It's just the earliest ECW content WWE has bothered to put on the Network.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Also, Raven has had fantastic matches in ECW, TNA, and ROH. He had some good ones in WCW and rarely in WWF, but he was a good worker in his prime. His strength was obviously his creative character and mic work, but he could also hang in there in the ring.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Are you bothering with the Eastern Championship Wrestling stuff?

Extreme Championship Wrestling didn't really get going until The Franchise threw the NWA Championship belt to the ground imo.