The ECW (re)watch thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Episode 21 here we go!!! There is light at the end of the tunnel, it was still fun to watch the early episodes, get a sense of history and evolution.

Hitman and Rockin Rebel did their job, even beautiful blonde Bobby or whatever his name is, lol.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just got a network trial to check this out. Amazing how good Paul E was right from the start.

So weird to see sandman in wrestling tights, lol. He even jumped over the top rope! Remarkable.

You know it's top-tier commentating when you hear a move referred to as a "reverse martial arts kick" :p

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Not going to lie, I'm getting behind fast. And maybe since the thread is losing (lost?) steam, how about we scale back the episodes to one or two a week? It's much slower, but where are we going?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I am also behind.

2 a week seems fine, I'll do that next time. Maybe pick it back up when we start getting into the Extreme era.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm ahead, it gets easier with Joey calling it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm behind too. Pauli Dangerously just started commentating so things are heating up! I'll catch up, it's just gonna take some time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I am putting this on hiatus for at least a week, perhaps two, to allow everyone (including myself) a chance to catch up. We will decide about the new pacing whenever I start it back up.

NJPW BOSJ really ate up all my eee cee dubya time.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That's cool, we don't want it to be a chore.

Too much goodness ahead. I like watching ECW grow from a very basic, often laughable promotion to the legendary company we can't forget. Even edited, I'll remember who came out to what and other shit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'll never forget my level of disappointment when I found that they had replaced Enter Sandman with bullshit stock music during Sandman's epic One Night Stand entrance on the DVD.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm glad I have a VHS copy and MP4 of that original broadcast

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Someone named Mabel Mania loaded a bunch of VHS stuff on YouTube. Watching ECW Natural Born Killaz 1996 atm.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I saw ECW live back in the late 90's at the Hara Arena in Dayton OH. One of the most memorable things I ever did in my high school years. I still remember standing in line to get in. Everyone brought weapons to throw in the ring. This one idiot brought a table saw blade and it was confiscated and the bouncer lectured a bunch of stoned teenagers for at least 10 minutes before the line moved again.

I can't remember what the show was called. I was re-watching these a few months back when I got a WWE trial for a month but couldn't locate it.

It's the episode where New Jack back flips off the entrance into the arena.

I really need to catch up on the entire ECW saga as I lost interest later when I was busy partying. Still the best wrestling show ever. ECW really knew what the fans wanted, and gave it to them and more.

I tried to start getting into the new wrestling, but it just seems so bad now and makes me want the ECW and WCW/NWO days back.