The ECW (re)watch thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
About to finish episode 6...it was fun to watch some personalities, flash back from mullet hell, lol.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
although i've neveer seen it, i hear that mic foey's anti-hardcore gimmick was good

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The first 5 are done. I like Funk trying to add credibility to the announcers, a young Candido getting experience but Paul E showing up in episode 5 was awesome.

Ironman Cairo would make a better champion than Sandman. The Rockin Rebel is a hateable top heel for the Sandman's title.

There's a lot to rip but I saw worse products back then.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cairo is ok, sandman is just for lulz. Hitman was decent too.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Still working on episode 4, but I just wanted to say it was cool to see 'Straw hat / hawaiian shirt' guy in the second episode. I didn't realize he went that far back.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You catch a glimpse of him in the first episode.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Still working on episode 4, but I just wanted to say it was cool to see 'Straw hat / hawaiian shirt' guy in the second episode. I didn't realize he went that far back.

You also see Vladimir at a couple of shows who was an super fan often seen at early WrestleMania's. Eagle-eyed fans will remember the guy with a shaved head and thick glasses always wearing a vest.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think five episodes is good. I'm trying to watch some LU as well.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
How does everybody feel about the pace? Still good with ~4-5 hours per week? More? Less?

I only got through the first episode. Tell me it gets better quick, because I can try and make time for more than one a week if it does.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
somewhere in the middle Paul E shows up and things pick up a notch, you can see it coming...stick with us man, beginning to end, we need you in this ride!

Edit: I hate Eddie Gilbert so much, lol. He's only allowed in the ring 'cause he's booking, really, lol.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Through episode 9 and yeah it's sloppy at times but this is what you'd expect for the time. I like the mixing of old wrestlers and new being champions.

Snuka and Muraco could still draw, throwing in Funk vs Gilbert would have been awesome to see from an indy bitd.

I really am enjoying the look back and can't wait until a topic comes up for some no holds barred posts, you pencil necked geeks! ;)

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I only got through one episode, I'll try harder this go round

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Huh... interesting ride. I'll try to jump in, although needless to say I'm VERY far behind and my job doesn't exactly help, lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same. It looks like my interest'll pick up at episode 11, then really pick up at episode 21.

I was just gonna say, episode 12 video promo of King Eddie "Hot Stuff" Gilbert was allright, and of course the Pauley E of the Dangerously Alliance made a nice intro from that Turquoise van, lol...Eddie Funk cutting promos in a farm...Muroco being fatter than ever, it's been fun, and it's getting better in a cheesie sorta way...it's just for lulz so far for me.

Hitman was ok, Rocking Rebel...ok...kinda. I can't wait for the good stuff!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The local Independent promotion I go to called WildKat has Stevie Richards as the champ I got to meet him last weekend. Awesome guy. next month the fuckin' Sandman will be there!!!!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Stevie has always been underrated as hell. He made multiple gimmicks work in multiple major promotions across multiple decades and he's always been good in the ring. Raven's sidekick, the bWo, Hardcore Champ Stevie, Right to Censor Steven Richards, Stevie Night Heat, Dr Stevie, etc.

He pops up in ROH whenever they run a show in his neck of the woods. Always puts the younger guys over. I believe he's lost to Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Silas Young, and Roderick Strong, and Mark Briscoe.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Stevie has always been underrated as hell. He made multiple gimmicks work in multiple major promotions across multiple decades and he's always been good in the ring. Raven's sidekick, the bWo, Hardcore Champ Stevie, Right to Censor Steven Richards, Stevie Night Heat, Dr Stevie, etc.

He pops up in ROH whenever they run a show in his neck of the woods. Always puts the younger guys over. I believe he's lost to Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Silas Young, and Roderick Strong, and Mark Briscoe.

He was great talking about import wrestling games in WWF magazine back in the day

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I will say, it is getting better to watch the old episodes, but I'm still skipping the recaps. Like I've said before, I think at about 21, it starts becoming more relatable to the Extreme.