GameStop Retro Classics question

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Do their AES games come with manual baggies?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well maybe it's the area main. It's a corporate building of some sort and not just a shipping hub over the river. They are fairly large so it's not too hard to imagine they have more than one office with suits in it.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Ummmmmmmm...

I'm pretty sure Gamestop's home office is in Texas.

Might want to check that info.

Yeah. I worked in at GameStop from 2001 to late 2010. Most of that time was as assistant manager. Home office was in Grapevine, TX. I never hear of any expansion outside of that unless I am totally out of the loop. A lot of people back then were worried about the longevity of the company. A lot of big shots left in the last few years I was there. I couldn't imagine them expanding at all when they were already hitting a pretty big decline. I'll be glad when they are gone. Shitty company to work. The way they treat their used games is almost as shitty as they way they treat their employees.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Do you have to be a Mr. Wizard to replace the batteries? I'm a retard with a sodering iron. I'd love to have Shadowrun on the Genesis again, but the one my friend borrowed to me didn't save.

+1 for 3DS Flash Memory
+1 for passwords

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Do you have to be a Mr. Wizard to replace the batteries? I'm a retard with a sodering iron. I'd love to have Shadowrun on the Genesis again, but the one my friend borrowed to me didn't save.

+1 for 3DS Flash Memory
+1 for passwords

Being a retard will do just fine.

All you need at the very least is nothing but a soldering iron, that's it. Preferably something to pry the battery away when the 2 solder points are heated and some fresh solder as well, but you could just reapply a new battery to the existing. Just tip to solder, goes liquid, pull up one side, then the other. Hold tabbed battery over space where old was, re-heat existing solder and the tab will attach to it, same on the other side. About the best and worst way if you don't apply more solder to make sure it sticks.

I'm no expert and I can handle them on any handheld gaming cart, 8/16bit carts, etc. Even done large ROM chip transplants from board 1 to board 2 for Genesis before.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I remember, October 2003, Game INformer started their message board and I joined up. It was a small community at first, like neo-geo. The one editor/writer/journalist/whatever who modded mainly by himself eventually banned me for one reason or another. About 2 or 3 years later he died. I can't even remember his name.

2005 era lonesage was a ban waiting to happen.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I remember, October 2003, Game INformer started their message board and I joined up. It was a small community at first, like neo-geo. The one editor/writer/journalist/whatever who modded mainly by himself eventually banned me for one reason or another. About 2 or 3 years later he died. I can't even remember his name.

You'll probably be happy to know that the forum as it once was is now a ghost town of bad code and pages that don't work

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You'll probably be happy to know that the forum as it once was is now a ghost town of bad code and pages that don't work

I wish I could look at my old posts from 2003 on gamers.com and gameinformer. That was the beginning of the end right there

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm sure its filled with gems like "how does the toaster work?" and "LMBO @ those chinks"

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Last edited: