Interview with Samurai Spirits team on Polygon

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
LoneSage, I didn't know anyone thought the spelling of Shodown was a mistake. I always took it as creative titling.

Yep. Still did not know the logic behind it but nice to finally know! Good read thanks for posting.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Great article about one of my favorite games ever. I would kill anyone of you for some type of HD remix style of this game.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Great article about one of my favorite games ever. I would kill anyone of you for some type of HD remix style of this game.
Oh yes! A HD Remix style would be amazing!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Awesome interview,Samurai Shodown 2 was my favorite!

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire

THIS!!! Even without HD graphics it would be a dream come true.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Just in case, you can play SS2 on XBox One via BC.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SS series is one of the most emblematic pieces of arcade style japanese themed gaming ever. reading that interview was very satisfying.
I for one hope to god there is no hd remix.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Because SSII and SSIII are still beautiful today.
totally.
I mean would anyone who appreciates aesthetics take a Rembrandt and try and "better" it?
these things are perfect, that is why neo geo was so good - it achieved perfection

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SS2 deserves the SFIII 3rd Strike OE-style treatment though, with good online, new modes and improved menus, as opposite to the direct emulation used in recent NeoGeo ports.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SS2 deserves the SFIII 3rd Strike OE-style treatment though, with good online, new modes and improved menus, as opposite to the direct emulation used in recent NeoGeo ports.

in my opinion these frankensteinian experiments never deliver. it is always going to be strange. I say make a new SS and do it well or something completly different. again, I wouldn't expect anything good resulting from someone rewriting Lord of the Rings for instance.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Great read!

I for one would love a proper Samsho 2 online, like 3rdSOE but even better, pixel perfect, no dithering. Also would be great to dig more into the judgement card, you know the percentages of accuracy, defense and all that stuff.

HDRemix would be cool if the original concept art for the sprites is utilized. Redrawing the sprites on freehand would be cool too if every frame is captured, meaning more animation than HDR. As much as I love HDR, it's biggest downfall is the lack of animation, I don't mind the art style so much, what I like about HDR is how smooth it plays and how it made low tier characters relevant as they should be.

Thanks for sharing, Massi!

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Samurai Shodown 1 > most videogames released or will ever be released.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I've always wanted someone to recreate charlottes' stage mural in hd to blow it up and frame.A72ECD90-AC1A-4360-9002-7C3CF5F650AB-2647-000001F8B54F0266.jpg

Last edited: