Anyone pick up the limited run Vita games?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I picked up a few, I know most are just indie games, but the oddworld stuff just had to be bought. Stranger's wraith is why I bought a Xbox back in the day.

I am glad though, bc if the title is shitty, I can at least make my money back on eBay, a lot of ppl collect it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
we've discussed LRG in the Vita thread.

I stopped after a certain point. they were releasing them a bit too quickly for my wallet. So i just quit their games altogether.
might pick them up if they are interesting games.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
we've discussed LRG in the Vita thread.

I stopped after a certain point. they were releasing them a bit too quickly for my wallet. So i just quit their games altogether.
might pick them up if they are interesting games.

Same here. I picked up the first 15 or so, but once they started releasing new ones every week that was enough for me. I need time to play them!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
a couple, but most tend to be $5 digital games

I am getting Ray Gigant though....even though it's mediocre at best. But, that damn presentation gets me every time.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I grab the occasional PS4 game, but I've skipped all the Vita games since I never use the thing.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I mostly get PS1 games. every now and then I'll get a mini.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I started buying them earlier this year. I like them generally speaking, but no way I am going back and pay scalper prices on the earlier ones.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I got into a bad habit for a little bit of buying LRG releases just because they are LRG releases. I'm going to stop and try to only buy the releases that I actually care about, and since I never play the vita I'm not going to buy any vita releases

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Still running a complete set (outside of cover variations). I'm collecting a full US Vita set, so need to feed that.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I'm going for a US set too but are you really counting these things?

Uh..yes. Why wouldn't you? They are officially manufactured products. No different than buying a game from Gamestop. (Other than the fact they didn't submit the games for ratings from the ESRB) In fact, I'd wager that some non-Limited Run games have similar print run sizes to Limited Run games.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Why wouldn't you?

They way they're released makes them mostly just a scaplers market. I think I might push into going for more imports of much better games than wasting the money on these poor games that are over priced beyond belief on resale.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
They way they're released makes them mostly just a scaplers market. I think I might push into going for more imports of much better games than wasting the money on these poor games that are over priced beyond belief on resale.

Okay, but you can't have a complete US set then...A tad bit of cognitive dissonance going on, mate.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Price/value doesn't factor into a complete set. If it is released in physical form, then it would count. Anything beyond that would be subjective. I suppose you can qualify a collection of a complete "retail" set, if you hate LRG so much.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Price/value doesn't factor into a complete set. If it is released in physical form, then it would count. Anything beyond that would be subjective. I suppose you can qualify a collection of a complete "retail" set, if you hate LRG so much.

I guess a handful of NIS games wouldn't count then either (Ar no Surge, Rose in Twilight, Atelier games, etc) :rolleyes:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

I dont really hate them or anything I just hate the market. I mean LRG is literally a group of guys in Cary 15 minute from my house. I was all about them when they would distribute locally but now that they dont do that and its just hard as hell to keep up with them not they they seem to release a new thing every week.

I guess a handful of NIS games wouldn't count then either (Ar no Surge, Rose in Twilight, Atelier games, etc) :rolleyes:

I think i'm just going for complete RETAIL. This is exactly the reasoning why. How the hell is anyone realistically supposed to keep up with shit that companies are only selling online yet still doing physical?

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
It is just a hobby. If you have the means, then buy everything. Otherwise don't worry about keeping up. I never have a complete set for any system, somehow my collection is not lacking. Even if you have a complete collection, you won't be more (or less) of a man than you are now. :D

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Ray Gigant purchased this morning..another non-Retail game to the set :P

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Ray Gigant purchased this morning..another non-Retail game to the set :P

I grabbed it too. I was soooo stoked on this game when I saw early Japanese videos. I know it's supposed to be bland and I bought the digital version on sale to try it out, and can confirm its blandness. But....but it just looks so good. I will give it another go and see if having a cart makes my nerd brain like it more.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Skullgirls is the only one so far that I've been really tempted to buy. If they do one for Windjammers though, I'm there.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've bought a few but too many of them just seem like games shoehorned onto discs or cards just to sell them as "rare and limited". Once Darius Burst comes up for sale though I will 100% buy that for PS4. Love it on my 21x9 monitor for pc but want a physical copy

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I've been on the LRG bandwagon for awhile and knocked off the double-dipping and am only doing Vita releases now and the occasional PS4 one if it tickles my fancy. I'm a bit pissed they are releasing those Mutant Mudd games individually instead of a combo. Combined in size they can't be very big, it just reeks of cash grab.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So far, I've only bought the Volume (Vita) and Shantae (PS4) releases, and irritated that I missed the Oxenfree release (game looks awesome!). I wonder if iam8bit will put out more retail releases besides Shovel Knight...?

And yes, LRG releases are retail. Whether online or brick & mortar, retail is retail. Making an argument to the contrary is just a security blanket for someone who wishes they could keep up but can't, and there's nothing wrong with not being able to get a complete NA set right now; there will be many years to complete the set if that's really something someone feels they NEED to do.

neogodzilla

New Challenger
I have purchased the majority of Limited Runs vita games. If the game is available on both ps4 and vita, sometimes i'll just grab one or that other. But if its a vita exclusive game, I am all over it like flies on poop. I love the vita and as far as i'm concerned those guys at Limited Run are doing gods work.