Xbox original mod using a more current setup for a friend.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
XlinkKai? It was a pain, bitd, like fake said.

Xlink kai is super easy to use now, you don't even have to setup port forwarding. I was playing Halo 2 on it the other day with a bunch of guys from Latin America.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Xlink kai is super easy to use now, you don't even have to setup port forwarding. I was playing Halo 2 on it the other day with a bunch of guys from Latin America.

Halo 2 online was the tits, and it was great having dual wielding feel so powerful before they nerfed it to oblivion in 3

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
When you play a newer game and the console doesn't have the newest dashboard, it tries to update it to 59XXX whatever version and that is what killed the dashboard. Network cable was unplugged and it still happened, lol. How the fuck was I suppose to know it would happen? I learned and at least it is fixable. Even if it isn't, no big deal. I have 5 Xbox consoles around. I still can get use out of the mod chip for the 1.6 models that you can't TSOP flash. I might just end up with just one Thompson DVD drive system for parts if it goes wrong.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So far I just gave mine a good cleaning and took out the capacitor that I heard could lead to damage if it leaks. Might have to try that IDE deal

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
So far I just gave mine a good cleaning and took out the capacitor that I heard could lead to damage if it leaks. Might have to try that IDE deal

It is really only necessary to use the better cable for SATA setups. Some HDDs won't work at all unless you use the fast cable and will definitely speed up the reads speeds for the ones that do work.

I still need to do the TSOP flash on my console and I am loading CoinOPS 8 Massive in it right now. Man those via holes and pins are small, lol. Gonna take a few beers to steady my hand and some patience. I am hoping the Aladdin mod chip isn't too much work. It should arrive in a day or two.