Any Baseball fans on this forum?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Yeah River City Rascals, which I think is the same league, is about a 10 minute drive from me. I see the stats for them in the paper.

Yep. Rascals are also frontier league.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That NL West is impressive with the Rockies and surprise...the D-Backs tied for first with the Dodgers a half game behind. Dodgers are suppose to be good, Rockies pretty decent but Arizona off to a fantastic start, especially at home. Whether they can keep it up till September we'll have to wait and see.

And here we are entering October and the post season's set. Cleveland, Houston and Boston are the division champs with Minnesota at the Yankees in the wild card game in the AL.
The NL has the Dodgers, Washington and the Cubs division champs with Colorado playing Arizona in the wild card game.

We also seen epic winning streaks with Cleveland and Arizona and three 100+ game winning teams in Los Angeles, Cleveland and Houston. No team ended up losing 100 though several were in the 90's.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I hope the Red Sox get crushed by whatever faggot team is better than them

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TUESDAY, OCT. 3
AL wild-card game: Minnesota Twins at New York Yankees, 8:09 ET p.m. (ESPN)

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 4
NL wild-card game: Colorado Rockies at Arizona Diamondbacks, 8:08 ET p.m. (TBS)

THURSDAY, OCT. 5
ALDS Game 1: Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros, 4:08 p.m. ET (MLB Network or Fox Sports 1)
ALDS Game 1: AL wild-card winner at Cleveland Indians, 7:38 p.m. ET (MLB Network or Fox Sports 1)

FRIDAY, OCT. 6
ALDS Game 2: Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros, 2:05 p.m. ET (MLB Network or Fox Sports 1)
ALDS Game 2: AL wild-card winner at Cleveland Indians, 5:08 p.m. ET (MLB Network or Fox Sports 1)
NLDS Game 1: Chicago Cubs at Washington Nationals, 7:31 p.m. ET (TBS)
NLDS Game 1: NL wild-card winner at Los Angeles Dodgers, 10:31 p.m. ET (TBS)

SATURDAY, OCT. 7
NLDS Game 2: Chicago Cubs at Washington Nationals, 5:38 p.m. ET (TBS)
NLDS Game 2: NL wild-card winner at Los Angeles Dodgers, 9:08 p.m. ET (TBS)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Tuesday's Result:

NY Yankees 8, Minnesota 4

Wednesday's Result:

Arizona 11, Colorado 8

Today's games:

Boston at Houston; 4:08 pm ET (MLBN)
NY Yankees at Cleveland; 7:38 pm ET (FS1)

Friday's games:

Boston at Houston; 2:05 pm ET (FS1)
NY Yankees at Cleveland; 5:08 pm ET ((MLBN)
Chicago Cubs at Washington; 7:31 pm ET (TBS)
Arizona at LA Dodgers; 10:31 pm ET (TBS)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The better team won each WC game. Twins and Rockies were good stories, but Yankees and D'Backs are more legit as contenders.

I like Indians/D'Backs in the World Series.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I, for one, am prepared for another disappointing October from the Nationals. These f'n DC teams.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Thursday's results:

Houston 8, Boston 2
Cleveland 4, NY Yankees 0

Friday's results:

Houston 8, Boston 2. Astros lead series 2-0
Cleveland 9, NY Yankees 8; 13 innings. Indians lead series 2-0
Chicago Cubs 3, Washington 0. Cubs lead series 1-0
LA Dodgers 9, Arizona 5. Dodgers lead series 1-0

Today's games:

Chicago at Washington, 5:38 pm ET (TBS)
Arizona at Los Angeles, 9:08 pm ET (TBS)

Sunday's games:

Houston at Boston, 2:38 pm ET (FS1)
Cleveland at New York, 7:38 pm ET (FS1)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I can't believe the Yanks lost last night. It's not everyday you get a lead like that on Kluber. What a choke job. Only Positive I can take away from that game is the future is looking bright for this young team. They need another ace on the mound though. Hopefully the Yanks could get a win or two and make this series a little more interesting.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I can't believe the Yanks lost last night. It's not everyday you get a lead like that on Kluber. What a choke job. Only Positive I can take away from that game is the future is looking bright for this young team. They need another ace on the mound though. Hopefully the Yanks could get a win or two and make this series a little more interesting.

Fuck the Yankees. I hope they get swept.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I understand the hate for the Yankees lol. I think this team is very likeable though and most of the core players are home grown. Here's hoping we get a exciting game 5. If Cleavland wins, I won't be that disappointed. They deserve another shot at the WS. They are a very good team.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yea, I understand the hate for the Yankees lol. I think this team is very likeable though and most of the core players are home grown. Here's hoping we get a exciting game 5. If Cleavland wins, I won't be that disappointed. They deserve another shot at the WS. They are a very good team.

I'll admit it, they are a different crew. I like homegrown teams, NYY is one of those. I can't stand the older Yankee teams full of egos and paycheck players. They were good, but not enjoyable.

I have a soft spot for losers, and CLE definitely has had their share of losing. I pulled for te Cubs last year because of my friends/family..but it was sad to see the Indians fall short. Hell, I felt the same way about the Mets in 2015. I'm glad my KC fellas won...but they had to beat another red-headed step child to gt that title. It really sucked for Mets fans...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'll admit it, they are a different crew. I like homegrown teams, NYY is one of those. I can't stand the older Yankee teams full of egos and paycheck players. They were good, but not enjoyable.

I have a soft spot for losers, and CLE definitely has had their share of losing. I pulled for te Cubs last year because of my friends/family..but it was sad to see the Indians fall short. Hell, I felt the same way about the Mets in 2015. I'm glad my KC fellas won...but they had to beat another red-headed step child to gt that title. It really sucked for Mets fans...

I understand completely. I think alot of baseball fans including some Yankee fans were very happy once they got rid of Arod. Once all the last gen players cleared out, the Yankees came back down to earth. The Yankees aren't the big spenders they use to be either. Alot of teams now I are using the same approach as the Cubs and building from the bottom up with their farm system. Even if it involves having a losing team for a few years, I like this way better. The Dodgers seem to be the New Yankees now.

I also root for the losers and will be rooting for Cleavland if they beat the Yankees. Yea, the Mets had a great team and fell short but they will rebuild and be ok again.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I find it hard to hate the Yankees as much anymore. After Steinbrenner died the whole evil empire thing mostly died with them. The front office just seems to make honestly good decisions after dealing with all those crazy contracts (though C.C. is still on the books). Though if the rumors were true and they were going to fire Girardi after an exemplary season they are a bunch of dumbasses in my book. Then again I'm hearing Boston is thinking of firing theirs. Still pissed they fired Francona and the Cards didn't scoop him up. Kudos to the Indians for knowing a good thing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Late 90's yankees were a homegrown team... With "Paycheck Players" on the side.
Jeter
Rivera
Posada
Petite
Williams

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I find it hard to hate the Yankees as much anymore. After Steinbrenner died the whole evil empire thing mostly died with them. The front office just seems to make honestly good decisions after dealing with all those crazy contracts (though C.C. is still on the books). Though if the rumors were true and they were going to fire Girardi after an exemplary season they are a bunch of dumbasses in my book. Then again I'm hearing Boston is thinking of firing theirs. Still pissed they fired Francona and the Cards didn't scoop him up. Kudos to the Indians for knowing a good thing.

I agree, I think Giradi is a great coach. Talks around town is that he is on the hot seat. I think he really fubar'd game 2 but that being said, the players in the locker room play hard for him. I guess it all depends the outcome of this series.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Great Game. Yankees did what they had to do to win. That Gardner @ Bat in the 9th was so much fun to watch. That's old school baseball.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yankees did what they had to do to win.
This is why sports talk is so fuckin' gay. The winning team did what they had to do to win? WOW!!! Did that by chance involve scoring more runs than the other team? Or was there some other secret to winning the game? Let me guess, they hit the ball. They got guys on base and they drove the runs in. Brilliant! That's so different than every other single sports game where one team won and the other lost.