Any Baseball fans on this forum?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Only fans I hate are Yankee fans. I see a lot of Cubbies fan out here as there's a lot of snowbirds come down here for Spring Training. It's only gotten worse since the Cubs actually won.

Give it a few years and everything will probably go back to normal. Cubs are the in style team right now. Once the contracts of Rizzo and Bryant come up they may drop down since you either have to have talent to replace them (which they keep trading away), or pay them a butt load and have an owner bitching about picking up other high priced talent.

I'm kinda pissed they want to trade for Verlander. They traded their best minor league talent for Quintana (which might pan out all things considering), but the fans are whiny that their 5th starter isn't a #1 or #2 starter anymore. Guess what? By the playoffs it doesn't matter because you don't use the 5th starter. If he can do a decent job (which he has) that's all you need from a #5.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Adrian Beltre got ejected for moving the on deck circle after the umpire told him to get in it.

Rockies traded for Pat Neshek, who's been one of the best relievers in baseball this season.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I remember in 2005-2006 the White Sox were the cool team to like. Everybody loves a winner.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Still pissed those fair weather fans left so fast when the Sox were still a decent team.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Was a Yankees fan when I was a kid in the 80s when they sucked and stopped caring about baseball just before they started getting good again in the 90s. These days I root for the Nationals but mostly because my father has aged in to the baseball demographic and I enjoy taking him to games when I come up to visit him.

Happy to see the Astros and Brewers doing well as their fans are long-suffering.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
^ Still pissed those fair weather fans left so fast when the Sox were still a decent team.

no doubt. i kind of love the white sox as like my mets they are considered the 2nd class team in the city. i cant root for a lot of local teams, but thats the one major team i can root for.

i have a minor league baseball team about a mile from my house. thats a great time. plus $2 parking for 24 hours. so if i cant drive, its a fairly quick stumble home and i can grab my car in the am.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Happy to see the Astros and Brewers doing well as their fans are long-suffering.

I have family in Houston and my first MLB game was in the 90s at the Astrodome. I was excited because they were playing against the Cardinals and I got to see Ozzie Smith.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
i have a minor league baseball team about a mile from my house. thats a great time. plus $2 parking for 24 hours. so if i cant drive, its a fairly quick stumble home and i can grab my car in the am.

The Schamberg one or Joliet? I've driven by the Joliet stadium a few times coming to Chicago. It seems nice. Personally I want to go to more minor league games. Went to the Cardinals AA team in Springfield, MO, and really liked what I saw. Before that I only went to a few games in Gary when they weren't affiliated with anybody.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Went to a Saint Paul Saints game a number of years ago with my Dad when Mom was still alive and had a blast.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Went to a Saint Paul Saints game a number of years ago with my Dad when Mom was still alive and had a blast.

I've sadly only been to one Saints game. Holy shit was it fun! I hear the new stadium is fucking kick ass.

Now I'm in the SF bay area. Last year went to about a half dozen River Cats games (Giants AAA in Sacramento). This year I went to a Gaints vs Twins game with my wife all decked out in Twins gear. Tonight we're going to see the A's vs the Twins in Oakland. Still haven't been to the Coliseum, should be fantastic!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've sadly only been to one Saints game. Holy shit was it fun! I hear the new stadium is fucking kick ass.

Now I'm in the SF bay area. Last year went to about a half dozen River Cats games (Giants AAA in Sacramento). This year I went to a Gaints vs Twins game with my wife all decked out in Twins gear. Tonight we're going to see the A's vs the Twins in Oakland. Still haven't been to the Coliseum, should be fantastic!

Nice! Enjoy! I wish you were still in MN.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Tonight we're going to see the A's vs the Twins in Oakland. Still haven't been to the Coliseum, should be fantastic!

Curious on your opinion on the Okland stadium. I hear a lot of bad things about it , but since I started going to games at Old Comiskey (White Sox) and Wrigley Field I find the older stadiums have a charm that the newer ones miss. Don't get me wrong I love being able to see no matter the seat and the stuff that comes with newer stadiums I'm just curious if Oakland Coliseum (I think that's the name) has any kind of charm to it.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I've also heard bad things about the Coliseum. But honestly, I really liked it. It definitely isn't a new stadium, but it's easy to get around and our seats were kick ass. So no complaints here. I think I'll go to a Raiders game this upcoming season.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yep, better enjoy the Raiders in their last years before they move to Las Vegas.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The Schamberg one or Joliet? I've driven by the Joliet stadium a few times coming to Chicago. It seems nice. Personally I want to go to more minor league games. Went to the Cardinals AA team in Springfield, MO, and really liked what I saw. Before that I only went to a few games in Gary when they weren't affiliated with anybody.

same league.. the windy city thunderbolts in crestwood.

theres a couple of stl area teams in the frontier league as well.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Cubs fan here. Been one for a long time. Finally got that WS win last year.

As for this year, the 1st half was abysmal. 2nd half is looking good, though.

As for your Dodgers...damn. They look amazing this year. My preseason WS picks were the Astros and Cubs....but I think the Dodgers or Nats have a better shot representing the NL.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
We were out in Boston last weekend and luck would have it that KC was in town to take on the Sox for the weekend. Little did I know that my wife had arranged for some of my friend to meet us out in Boston for the game that night (for my 40th birthday).

Once we all met at the park, my brother in law dropped another bomb. I've mentioned before that he is really well connected and it turns out that he was able to get us down on the field during KC's batting practice. I got to meet some players and watch them warm up first hand. After that, we did a tour of the park and spent some time on the Monster. I was blown away by the whole thing, I really was.

In the end, KC won and it was an amazing night...great company, got to met some of the KC boys, plenty to drink...it really was something else.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
So last year, the Diamondbacks were terrible and I went to a bunch of games. This year, they're good (LA is killing that division though) and I only went to one game. I gotta take the kiddo down for another game.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
same league.. the windy city thunderbolts in crestwood.

theres a couple of stl area teams in the frontier league as well.

Yeah River City Rascals, which I think is the same league, is about a 10 minute drive from me. I see the stats for them in the paper.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Pete Rose out at Fox's baseball coverage. Good riddance.