Any Baseball fans on this forum?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I still prefer seeing four pitches thrown to intentionally walk a batter. Even in it adds a 2 minutes to a game.
Same here since I've seen it more times than once when the pitcher ends up throwing a wild pitch to really make things interesting.

Next thing they'll do to speed up the game is to not require a batter to run the bases after hitting a home run :tickled:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
connect_text.png

They are a perennial source of disappointment, but I still watch a ton of games every summer.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Booo!!! Gardenhire years do not give me any sympathy for you. I had to watch the Twins dismantle the Sox year after year. Boo sir Boo.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The intention is good, but there are far better ways to speed up the game. Limiting the number of pitchers allowed to be used in an inning or a game would help a lot (normally I think Tom Verducci is an idiot, but I agree with him on that one), though it's too radical to ever happen. Maybe at least put a limit on the number of mound conferences.

I would say the intention is good but the effect is inconsequential.

Half of the problem with speed of the game is the same as the NFL. Turning them into national broadcasts and even within the park, turning them into entertainment beyond sport has lengthened the 'game'. Mascot races, trivia breaks, all sorts of nonsense because god forbid you show up to watch baseball.

Pirates/Cardinals played 3 games in 2h14m, 2h31m, and 2h40m. Those are perfectly acceptable game times.

So fuck the Yankees and Red Sox for making this a league wide issue.

P.S. Also fuck people who get up and down from their seats during innings.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
P.S. Also fuck people who get up and down from their seats during innings.

1000x this. I made the mistake of getting a 25-game package along an aisle, and if you weren't standing up to let people in and out, your view was completely obstructed by dopes going up and down the stairs during fucking at-bats. And the 75 year old section attendant was doing nothing to stop this.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
1000x this. I made the mistake of getting a 25-game package along an aisle, and if you weren't standing up to let people in and out, your view was completely obstructed by dopes going up and down the stairs during fucking at-bats. And the 75 year old section attendant was doing nothing to stop this.

Eh you could be obstructed by the beer vendors at Wrigley. I had 50% of the game blocked by them. Quote of that night was: "No I need 8 beers and that guy also needs 8 beers."

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Damn, the Nats are so good.

oh yeah. way to destroy one of the worst teams in the league while still giving up 4 runs to them. super good.

seinfeld.gif

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Damn, the Nats are so good.

Good enough to get punched right in the Nats come playoffs.

I hope their boy Harper realizes being a dick/loudmouth only works when you can back it up.
His line last year was below average.
He needs to stick to playing the game, stop trying to be the villain, and raise his averages.
He had a great game yesterday, has talent, but needs to bring it everyday.

I want to see another five game playoff series Vs. The Dodgers like last year. It was fun. Game 5 was great : ) Dodgers had to bring in Kershaw in relief to win the game.

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
oh yeah. way to destroy one of the worst teams in the league while still giving up 4 runs to them. super good.

seinfeld.gif

haha, i'm fucking with ya. even if they have a good season, like the caps, they are going to collapse in the playoffs.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Lifelong Cubs fan here.

I don't know what to do now.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Lifelong Cubs fan here.

I don't know what to do now.

Cubs fans were always obnoxious, only now you just won the World Series. So, I guess, just keep being obnoxious?

;)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Cubs fans were always obnoxious, only now you just won the World Series. So, I guess, just keep being obnoxious?

;)

a lot of them got worse. they dont even know how to pretend they know what winning is like.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
a lot of them got worse. they dont even know how to pretend they know what winning is like.

You know...I really do not find Cubs fans obnoxious round my neck of the woods. Like I said earlier, Cardinals fans seem to be far worse.

Bears fans? Yeah...we're some serious douches.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Good enough to get punched right in the Nats come playoffs.

I hope their boy Harper realizes being a dick/loudmouth only works when you can back it up.
His line last year was below average.
He needs to stick to playing the game, stop trying to be the villain, and raise his averages.
He had a great game yesterday, has talent, but needs to bring it everyday.
He was hurt for almost all of if not all of last season. This year so far his OPS is 1.362. I don't think he's having a problem bringing it every day.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
You know...I really do not find Cubs fans obnoxious round my neck of the woods. Like I said earlier, Cardinals fans seem to be far worse.

Bears fans? Yeah...we're some serious douches.

You really make me want to see a game in KC. Cubs fans out here are drunken idiots singing the damn song over and over if they win and acting like assholes. Cards fans are the stupid jocks that don't have a good one liner to rip them back so you get retarded shit coming out of their mouths to retort. It's one reason why I prefer Comiskey over the 3. At least it's quiet.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I can't handle watching the Las Vegas position player lineup too much longer. Guys need to get healthy.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You really make me want to see a game in KC. Cubs fans out here are drunken idiots singing the damn song over and over if they win and acting like assholes. Cards fans are the stupid jocks that don't have a good one liner to rip them back so you get retarded shit coming out of their mouths to retort. It's one reason why I prefer Comiskey over the 3. At least it's quiet.

Kauffman is a seriously nice park. The games are cheap, they have good give away nights, and best of all, parking is freaking cheap and east to get in/out of.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rockies are looking fantastic and their offense hasn't even really started clicking yet.

Soon Ian Desmond, Tom Murphy, and David Dahl (three projected starters) will come off the DL and get their first action of the year.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rockies are looking fantastic and their offense hasn't even really started clicking yet.

Soon Ian Desmond, Tom Murphy, and David Dahl (three projected starters) will come off the DL and get their first action of the year.

Rockies are looking like the team to beat in the west. As long as theit bats can prove themselves outside of Coors Field, they will definately be in the playoffs. They had the grands slam and inside the park homerun in the same inning the other day, that is badass!

My Dodger's are not doing as well as I hoped : (
They need another good pitcher. They might bring up Julio Urias up this week, but I think he will be limited in number of starts.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
As a Cubs fan:

I don't sing the song unless I'm at the park AND they won.

I don't drink.

I don't brag about my team winning.

I don't talk shit about the Sox.

But I really can't stand the Cardinals. I hate seeing Dexter Fowler on that team, but I totally understand why he had to leave. Dude deserved to get paid, in my opinion.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
As a Cubs fan:

I don't drink.

But I really can't stand the Cardinals. I hate seeing Dexter Fowler on that team, but I totally understand why he had to leave. Dude deserved to get paid, in my opinion.

never seen a cubs fan like that.

fwiw- fowler was always a rent a player. while he came up big for you guys, he was never a real cub.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fowler was pretty disappointing on the whole in Denver. I wouldn't trade you Charlie Blackmon for three Dexter Fowlers.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
fowler was pretty much the same player as a cub as he was on the rockies. a nice starter, but not someone to build around.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
As a Cubs fan:

I don't drink.

I despise that Cubs song...I really do. How some corny ass song like that one got officially adopted is beyond me.

Moving on...I'm that way with the Bears song...it's not heard in my home unless they score a TD...