Any Baseball fans on this forum?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Its just the start of the season, but the Jays have 7 losses in a row and a 1-9 record. If they Leafs and Raptors weren't in the playoffs, I would be more depressed. Donaldson is going on the DL now too.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Its just the start of the season, but the Jays have 7 losses in a row and a 1-9 record. If they Leafs and Raptors weren't in the playoffs, I would be more depressed. Donaldson is going on the DL now too.

you're gonna be depressed in about a week when both your playoff teams are gone.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'd take a first round exit for the Avs or Nuggets right about now.

Oh well. At least the Nuggets will be good next year. The Avs though... yikes.

Anyway, FUCK THE GIANTS

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Late to the party but my favorite teams include the Reds, Indians and Cardinals...in that order. ;)

Nope, disallowed. You can't be a fan of 2 divisional teams. I don't care if people pick two teams in different leagues or even two teams in the same league, but you can't claim a fandom of a team that your other favorite team plays almost 20 times a year.

P.S. We can FUCK THE GIANTS/DODGERS/ROCKIES/DIAMONDBACKS/PADRES all we want, but just know that the real enemy is interleague play. Fuck that noise, seriously.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nope, disallowed. You can't be a fan of 2 divisional teams. I don't care if people pick two teams in different leagues or even two teams in the same league, but you can't claim a fandom of a team that your other favorite team plays almost 20 times a year.

P.S. We can FUCK THE GIANTS/DODGERS/ROCKIES/DIAMONDBACKS/PADRES all we want, but just know that the real enemy is interleague play. Fuck that noise, seriously.

Real talk.

I'll honestly say that I feel someone can only pick one team...but I guess I can possibly accept one NL and me AL...but like you said, never 2 from the same.

My wife is a Cubs fan...a real Cubs fan, not just a "hey! We finally won the WS!!!" Cubs fan.

If my KC boys are out of it, I'll cheer for her Cubbies if they're still in it. She sat by me in the '14 and '15 post season, I did the same for her last year.

The tricky part was when the Cubs were in the NLDS in '15, one series from being in the WS along side KC...talk about a house divided.

When it comes to football, we're both lifer Bears fans...so we have that.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The AL should be abolished. Fuck the DH.

Also fuck domes. You play baseball outside, fuckers.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Grienke and the D-Back offense fizzled :(

Think playing the Dodgers fucks with Grienke's game.
He was on point most of the time as a Dodger, but always was truly #2. Now that he is the man, especially against the Dodger's, he has a hard time.

I think he just needs to relax and do his thing.
One year I went to 10 or 11 of his starts, and he won 9. He is a great pitcher.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,

I grew up hearing about things like the Big Red Machine and what not but I wasn't a fan of the sport itself until my teens. I got into baseball like a lot of other people did through the card market boom. My older brother only saw the $$$ in the cards but I actually grew to appreciate the game and started playing/watching. I eventually got away from baseball cards completely (and then the market bottomed out) but have remained a fan of the game ever since.

The first World Series I watched on TV was between the Cardinals and Twins. I wanted the Cardinals to win but as we know they did not. I've had a soft spot for them ever since and at the time they weren't divisional rivals with the Reds. Since then I've maintained a Reds-first approach where if they play the Indians or Cards, I'm rooting for the Reds to beat them. I realize that might seem weird but it works for me. :p

We can at least agree on interleague play being the devil. We may as well toss in the DH while we're at it. At least MLB was smart enough to do away with that All-Star Game winner home field advantage nonsense. ;)

Real talk.

I'll honestly say that I feel someone can only pick one team...but I guess I can possibly accept one NL and me AL...but like you said, never 2 from the same.

My wife is a Cubs fan...a real Cubs fan, not just a "hey! We finally won the WS!!!" Cubs fan.

If my KC boys are out of it, I'll cheer for her Cubbies if they're still in it. She sat by me in the '14 and '15 post season, I did the same for her last year.

The tricky part was when the Cubs were in the NLDS in '15, one series from being in the WS along side KC...talk about a house divided.

When it comes to football, we're both lifer Bears fans...so we have that.

Like I said, I'm definitely more a Reds-first person over the Cards but I'm not mad if they're doing good while the Reds fight with the Brewers over the basement spot in the NL Central. :p

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I'm a Cubs fan but other then the times they played the Cubs I wish the Cardinals the best of luck because my family (except my stepdaughter) are Cards fans.

I've always looked up to the way the Cards conduct business and love that for years they knew how to manufacture runs. It was something the Cubs just never did. Waiting for the homer to bail you out is frustrating. I now hate that stance with a even more since I watched the White Sox turn to shit trying to do that (Adam Dunn signing was pure stupidity. He's a rally killer).

famicommander

15 Year Member
Try playing outside in the lightning capital of the country during peak storm season. Just ain't gonna work out.

You don't even deserve 'MERICABALL if you can't play it outside.

Also, fuck artificial turf.

And the Yankees.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pirates go and surprise sweep the Cubs.

Then lose to the struggling Cardinals. At least the game was only 2h15m long.

Then Marte banned 80 games plus any postseason games for PEDs, lulz!

Then lose again to the Cardinals tonight.

Cards can go for the sweep tomorrow.

I wonder how many series the Pirates can go either sweeping or being swept. So far it was Boston (3 losses), Atlanta (3 wins), Cincinnati (3 losses), Chicago ( 3 wins) to come out at .500

What a bipolar clusterfuck so far.

If we're still P.S. Fucking things about modern baseball, fuck this stupid ass intentional walk rule.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I really need to see a game at PNC Park, looks like it has some really nice scenery and I always heard good things. The only ballparks I've been to are Riverfront, the Trop, and Joe Robbie.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
If we're still P.S. Fucking things about modern baseball, fuck this stupid ass intentional walk rule.
The intention is good, but there are far better ways to speed up the game. Limiting the number of pitchers allowed to be used in an inning or a game would help a lot (normally I think Tom Verducci is an idiot, but I agree with him on that one), though it's too radical to ever happen. Maybe at least put a limit on the number of mound conferences.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
The intention is good, but there are far better ways to speed up the game. Limiting the number of pitchers allowed to be used in an inning or a game would help a lot (normally I think Tom Verducci is an idiot, but I agree with him on that one), though it's too radical to ever happen. Maybe at least put a limit on the number of mound conferences.

I think limiting the number of pitchers is the only way to speed up the game. Baseball has changed in the laSt 20 years. I hate when they bring in a pitcher to pitch to one batter. Then switch his replacement after pitching to one batter himself. It's a joke.

I still prefer seeing four pitches thrown to intentionally walk a batter. Even in it adds a 2 minutes to a game.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I really need to see a game at PNC Park, looks like it has some really nice scenery and I always heard good things. The only ballparks I've been to are Riverfront, the Trop, and Joe Robbie.

pnc is the best park in baseball. i've been to 'em all (minus the new atl one from this year and the redesigned miami one). hands down pnc wins. detroit also has a great park, but the problem is that you are in detroit.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
pnc is the best park in baseball. i've been to 'em all (minus the new atl one from this year and the redesigned miami one). hands down pnc wins. detroit also has a great park, but the problem is that you are in detroit.

How much worse is it then getting robbed at Comiskey? At least the cops are there at the start or the game, but never see them after unless to direct you away from where you are trying to go.

Pirates go and surprise sweep the Cubs.

Then lose to the struggling Cardinals. At least the game was only 2h15m long.

Then Marte banned 80 games plus any postseason games for PEDs, lulz!

Then lose again to the Cardinals tonight.

Cards can go for the sweep tomorrow.

I wonder how many series the Pirates can go either sweeping or being swept. So far it was Boston (3 losses), Atlanta (3 wins), Cincinnati (3 losses), Chicago ( 3 wins) to come out at .500

What a bipolar clusterfuck so far.

Honestly watching the Cubs series and a bit of the Cards series I think you have a long season in store for you. My condolences.

If the intentional walk rule went to in effect during Mitch Williams time it never would have passed. Baseball needs pitchers like that sometimes just to remind owners nothing out there is a guarantee.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
y'all trippin'
Coors-2-640x426.jpg

Coors Field is the best baseball stadium.

And they put in a party deck.