Any Baseball fans on this forum?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm a fair weather Nats fan. I think the weather will be extremely fair this season...though I've been disappointed the last few.

Go fuck yourself and the nats.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
What MLB team was intended for the Arizona television market before the
existence of the diamondbacks?

Dodgers and Giants since Phoenix used to be the home of the Giants' AAA affiliate the Phoenix Giants/Firebirds.

Also took 3 of 4 from the Giants and swept the Indians to start off the season :buttrock:

Final also: Every time the D-backs win, we get 50% Papa John's Pizza; score 5 or more runs gets 3 free tacos from Taco Bell and every home run a free Jumbo Jack at Jack-In-The-Box. Needless to say, we pretty much starved last year :tickled:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Dodgers and Giants since Phoenix used to be the home of the Giants' AAA affiliate the Phoenix Giants/Firebirds.

Also took 3 of 4 from the Giants and swept the Indians to start off the season :buttrock:

Final also: Every time the D-backs win, we get 50% Papa John's Pizza; score 5 or more runs gets 3 free tacos from Taco Bell and every home run a free Jumbo Jack at Jack-In-The-Box. Needless to say, we pretty much starved last year :tickled:

At least goldschmitt, pollack and Tomas are all healthy at the same time now. That should fatten you up a bit.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
KC Royals for life...

I've been a KC fan since they beat those rotten bastard STL Cardinals back in '85...

With the slow decay of the NFL, MLB has once again become my favorite sport.

That's hilarious because Cardinal fans dont even think about KC. I almost sound like a baseball fan there.

Surprisingly, the NFL is making record profits while the MLB is on a steady decline. You'll actually find reputable journalists claiming MLB needs more black people to be popular and hip or the decline will continue.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Are there any remnants left of the dodgers/giants old guard or did the fast food convert everyone?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If it's the "World" series, why doesn't Japan play in it?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
If it's the "World" series, why doesn't Japan play in it?

Because MLB is a higher level of play than Nippon Professional Baseball. The best players in NPB are generally bid and signed away by MLB teams. It's like asking why the NCAA Tournament Champion isn't in the NBA Playoffs.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Are there any remnants left of the dodgers/giants old guard or did the fast food convert everyone?

The old stadium where the AAA Giants used to play (Phoenix Municipal Stadium) still stands. For the longest time was the spring training home of the Oakland A's and is now home to the Arizona State Sun Devils baseball team.

Needless to say, both the Dodgers and Giants have their spring training here, the Giants rank 2nd in attendance behind the Cubs. D-backs and Rockies share a training site so they get a lot of traffic as well.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Because MLB is a higher level of play than Nippon Professional Baseball. The best players in NPB are generally bid and signed away by MLB teams. It's like asking why the NCAA Tournament Champion isn't in the NBA Playoffs.

True, I notice the few Japanes pitchers that are brought over do ok for a while in big leagues. Sadly, once their unorthodox pitching style is figured out they fizzle.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Cutler can eat dicks.

I'm not from chicago. I just live here. Guess again nats boy.

The greatest Mets of all time is HoJo... because he has hotel chains named after him! :p

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Only if you fuck Jay Cutler.

Eh...that fella is no longer associated with Chicago...so...

That's hilarious because Cardinal fans dont even think about KC. I almost sound like a baseball fan there.

Surprisingly, the NFL is making record profits while the MLB is on a steady decline. You'll actually find reputable journalists claiming MLB needs more black people to be popular and hip or the decline will continue.

You say that...but talk to any old school Cardinals fan about the '85 Series and see for yourself how much they "don't think about KC".

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Red Sox fan here, going to see them and the Cubs when they visit Cincy.

I know KGB and moe are also Bo-Sox fans.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Red Sox fan here, going to see them and the Cubs when they visit Cincy.

I know KGB and moe are also Bo-Sox fans.

I'm going to see KC play at Boston in late July, I'm very excited to see Fenway for the first time.

I often go see KC play the White Sox, and in STL. I may go to STL, they have a series with them in mid Aug.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I am huge into baseball. Favorite team is Tampa Bay and before them the Indians.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Go fuck yourself and the nats.
This.

The NFL is sitting on a bubble that will burst sooner than later, and the Latino market is far more important than the black one in terms of future fans. That would bode well for baseball and especially soccer.

Also, if instant replay existed in 1985, Cardinal fans would have nothing but fond memories.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This.

The NFL is sitting on a bubble that will burst sooner than later, and the Latino market is far more important than the black one in terms of future fans. That would bode well for baseball and especially soccer.

Yeah...the Latino market for MLB has the potential to be huge.

I'd agree that the NFL bubble is about to burst...there's just a "feeling" about it. I know that I haven't enjoyed current games nearly as much as I used to.The officiating is shit, the never ending rule changes are confusing and most importantly, really disrupt the spontaneity/flow of the game. Seriously, how fucking long until they just land up reviewing every play, every time? I mean why not, lets just make 60 min on the clock take 5 real world hours...

Also, if instant replay existed in 1985, Cardinal fans would have nothing but fond memories.

But it didn't, and KC won, and STL can eat it.

That's baseball, the god giveth, and taketh away. No team is safe, and all teams have gained from it.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'd agree that the NFL bubble is about to burst...there's just a "feeling" about it. I know that I haven't enjoyed current games nearly as much as I used to.The officiating is shit, the never ending rule changes are confusing and most importantly, really disrupt the spontaneity/flow of the game. Seriously, how fucking long until they just land up reviewing every play, every time? I mean why not, lets just make 60 min on the clock take 5 real world hours...
Exactly. Plus parents are pulling their kids out of Pop Warner over safety concerns, which almost has to eventually affect the talent pool.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Rockies have a solid chance of winning the NL West this year. I'll be going to a few of their games whenever they come to Petco.
They may well win 85 games, but LA (especially) and SF (less likely but still probable) will both win 90+. Could very well see both wildcards come from the West, though. They look fantastic so far, the power arm-based bullpen thing is looking nice.

Probably the Padres?
It was the Rockies. Which didn't work too well.

True, I notice the few Japanes pitchers that are brought over do ok for a while in big leagues. Sadly, once their unorthodox pitching style is figured out they fizzle.
Shohei Otani is amazing. It would be pretty sweet to see an AL team sign him and let him DH on a full-time basis as well as get 30 starts a year.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I finally live in an MLB town, but still think I might lean towards Rays still.