Any Baseball fans on this forum?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Got to take in the Rockies/Giants game from a corporate suite yesterday. Open bar, food spread, hard to find a better way to watch a game. And the Rockies won 8-0 to finish the sweep.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Got to take in the Rockies/Giants game from a corporate suite yesterday. Open bar, food spread, hard to find a better way to watch a game. And the Rockies won 8-0 to finish the sweep.

Did this a few years back at Chase Field with the D-Backs. Catered food, fridge full of drinks both soft and liquored. Couches, balcony and multiple TV access. That's the lifestyle of the wealthy and was glad to experience it for one day ;)

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

Agree this is a great way to watch a game. I've seen Laker's, Clipper's, King's, and Ducks games in corporate suites.

I can't imagine ever renting out, or buying tickets to a suite. The times I've gone they were freebie tickets from a vendor.
His company pays almost 500k for a year of year of events at Staples center.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
never seen a cubs fan like that.

fwiw- fowler was always a rent a player. while he came up big for you guys, he was never a real cub.

I think we've already long established that breaking trends is what I do.

And Fowler hit his stride as a Cub and he was part of the first Cubs world series winners in over a century. Dude will always be a Cub and I won't hear an argument to the contrary.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Agree this is a great way to watch a game. I've seen Laker's, Clipper's, King's, and Ducks games in corporate suites.

I can't imagine ever renting out, or buying tickets to a suite. The times I've gone they were freebie tickets from a vendor.
His company pays almost 500k for a year of year of events at Staples center.
One day I hope to be lucky enough to attend a game in a suite.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just got an offer from MLB TV for the entire season of all teams for $56.....so I went ahead and signed up.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
And Fowler hit his stride as a Cub and he was part of the first Cubs world series winners in over a century. Dude will always be a Cub and I won't hear an argument to the contrary.

fowlers numbers have stayed consistent throughout his entire career. yes he had a couple clutch hits for you guys, but don't turn him into the perennial all-star that a lot of people made him out to be as a cub.

I just got an offer from MLB TV for the entire season of all teams for $56.....so I went ahead and signed up.

t-mobile gives it away every year along with nhl open ice and the nfl streaming package.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Rockies are looking fantastic and their offense hasn't even really started clicking yet.

Soon Ian Desmond, Tom Murphy, and David Dahl (three projected starters) will come off the DL and get their first action of the year.

The one thing the Rockies never have a problem with is hitting. I'm curious to see how they hold up once the temperature warms up.

As a Cubs fan:

I don't sing the song unless I'm at the park AND they won.

I don't drink.

I don't brag about my team winning.

I don't talk shit about the Sox.

But I really can't stand the Cardinals. I hate seeing Dexter Fowler on that team, but I totally understand why he had to leave. Dude deserved to get paid, in my opinion.

I'm guessing you hate going to Wrigley a lot then. Although seeing the park in person can take your breath away unless you are a drunken asshole it tends to get old quick there.

Fowler is glue player. I liken him to Mark Derosa. If the clubhouse isn't toxic, or full of asshole vets (see Cards '09) he really helps a team out with the stuff you really don't notice.

Went to a Cards game in one of the suites. Hated every second of it. It feels like you'd rather watch the broadcast then try to watch it from the window. At that point I could be at home eating better food then the buffet they provide, and watching on a bigger tv with a more comfy seat. IMO it completely ruins the feel of going to a game.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The one thing the Rockies never have a problem with is hitting. I'm curious to see how they hold up once the temperature warms up.
The pitching staff has actually been better than the offense so far this season. Best bullpen in baseball (by WPA added, at least). Greg Holland has more saves than his old team (and several others) have total wins.

Went to a Cards game in one of the suites. Hated every second of it. It feels like you'd rather watch the broadcast then try to watch it from the window. At that point I could be at home eating better food then the buffet they provide, and watching on a bigger tv with a more comfy seat. IMO it completely ruins the feel of going to a game.

I suppose the suites vary by stadium. I'd never been in the ones at Coors before, and it was pretty cool how they have both the nice indoor area with furniture, food, tvs, etc, and then the outdoor (but still covered) seats that are basically just really good regular seats with more room. If they went too heavily toward the former yeah, it wouldn't be the same.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The pitching staff has actually been better than the offense so far this season. Best bullpen in baseball (by WPA added, at least). Greg Holland has more saves than his old team (and several others) have total wins.

Honestly I kinda hope it turns out for your team. The reason why I mentioned the weather because when it gets hotter parks like Coors Field tend to give up more homers, the pitchers get real skiddish pitching, and everything goes downhill from there. I watched too many White Sox seasons end like that.

Went to a AA Cards game a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it. You can tell there's a severe talent difference but it's still fun. Plus being right next to the players was a real treat.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
fowlers numbers have stayed consistent throughout his entire career. yes he had a couple clutch hits for you guys, but don't turn him into the perennial all-star that a lot of people made him out to be as a cub.

That's fine but he'll always be considered a Cub.

Unless he burns his bridges, he'll always have a red carpet rolled out for him on the North side, will always be welcome at any stadium they deign to call home, will eat for free in the city forever and in the media and in the arena of 'public feelz', he'll be considered a part of that fraternity forever.

When I say he 'hit his stride' as a Cub, what I meant was that he finally did the things he needed to do to get paid. Too bad St. Louis fans hate him.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
When I say he 'hit his stride' as a Cub, what I meant was that he finally did the things he needed to do to get paid. Too bad St. Louis fans hate him.

thats what i'm talking about. he is the same level of player he was before and after the cubs. what did he need to do? hit in the mid .260's with 15ish hr 50 rbi and 15-20 sb? because thats what he did as a cub. thats also what he did as a rockie. its a little more than he did in his one year in houston playing in the AL with a bunch of pitchers he never saw before. Yes he hit one monstrously timed clutch hr. but outside of that, he is what he is. a great piece to any team, but no star. he is adam eaton with a lower batting average and less skill in the outfield as a defender. Good complimentary player, yes. something you build your team around, no.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Too bad St. Louis fans hate him.

I wouldn't go that far yet. Admittedly he's started the season terribly, but the entire Cards offense started the season playing like shit. It's hard to pick on one player when the rest are just as bad. The local paper barely even mentions him compared to their 2 best pitchers sucking it up, the defense forgetting how to field a ball for a 2nd year in a row, and guys like Kolten Wong and Randall Grichuk who got decent extensions and have been sub par since it happened. That's where most of the hate seems to be focused.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

This seems to be the case. By what I've seen, I only want to watch a MLB game one of two ways:

-At the park, general seats are fine. As long as I have a decent view of everything, I really don't care if their high-rent seats. The food is ok at best and that's all I really expect. I'll drink stadium beer expecting it to be watered down and over priced. I'll have 3-4 beers and then call it quits because being loaded at a ball park is a mess.

-At home. I can enjoy the view of the beautiful PQ of my TV. Best seat in the house, private bathroom, private parking, all I can eat and drink. The menu is unlimited and the drinks are cheap. I can get loaded as I like because I don't have to drive.

Paying big $$ for a "private suite" at a ball game only to face crazy high drink prices, mediocre food, and high ticket prices is absurd.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I did the STL suite deal a few years ago. I thought it was a decent deal. It was like $75 all in. You could watch in the buffet area or you could go out and watch the game in the seats in the section. I thought it was the best time I've had a park in long time due to being able to enjoy park food and drink for a fraction more than what a decent seat costs. We were behind home plate.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sucks to see Thor out for a couple months or longer (I'm going to go ahead and guess this ends up worst-case and he needs Tommy John). He's one of the top two or three or four pitchers in the league talent-wise and entertainment-wise- I'd put him up there with Kershaw, Sale, and Scherzer as the very best in MLB.

Pitchers at all levels throw so damn hard all the time and so many of them end up hurt. It's too bad that the sport has evolved to where flame-throwers are valued so much over all else.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
its a lat tear. so it wont be tommy john.

his problem was he added 15lbs of muscle in the off seasom without doing throwing training with it. then when he tweeked something said 'i know my body best' and denied an mri from the medical team. next start- 1.1 ip, 5 er, and a lat tear. his problem was stupidity, being young and feeling invincible, or both.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Oh, my bad, that's right. I still think he'll need it sooner or later, but yeah, that's mostly just stupidity right there now.

Dude added like 17 pounds of muscle in the offseason and wanted to throw even harder, that's nuts. You have to be right, too many guys think they're invincible until it happens to them.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
myself and every other mets fan were all ..

XP9YU1K.jpg

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I did the STL suite deal a few years ago. I thought it was a decent deal. It was like $75 all in. You could watch in the buffet area or you could go out and watch the game in the seats in the section. I thought it was the best time I've had a park in long time due to being able to enjoy park food and drink for a fraction more than what a decent seat costs. We were behind home plate.

That's interesting. When I went my roommate who bought the tickets told me those seats were sold differently then just being in the suite. I kept trying to find out if we could go out there. It probably would have been more enjoyable if I could.

I've been interested in people's opinions on which teams they hate. IMO there has to be a reason to hate another team. Just because they're in your division doesn't automatically make it so.

Personally I hate the Mets because of the 80's Mets team.

1. They were so damn good (Gooden, Strawberry, HoJo, Carter) They just wrecked the Cubs

2. They had no problem flaunting that they were good.

To this day I still dispise them.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
WORST TEAM in baeball atm and our GM believes everything is just swell!
BB