Any Baseball fans on this forum?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Will my Dodgers finally win another World Series?
Kershaw had a bad outing yesterday, but I hope he will bounce back, and get 20 wins this year.

If the Dodgers manage to stay healthy they will be competing for the NL crown, and eventually in the World Series.

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'm a fair weather Nats fan. I think the weather will be extremely fair this season...though I've been disappointed the last few.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Rockies have a solid chance of winning the NL West this year. I'll be going to a few of their games whenever they come to Petco.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I get dragged to about a dozen Cardinal games a year. It's probably the biggest waste of time and money during the summer.
I know why it's called America's pastime. Because you literally just stuff your face while sitting and wait for time to pass. Oh, occasionally someone hits a ball.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I follow baseball but don't really care much for it up until the playoffs.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Blue Jays fan. I think the AL East is one of the toughest divisions in baseball. It is going to be hard for the Jays to get back to the playoffs with Boston having improved significantly, Baltimore remaining solid, and the Yankees and Rays having enough talent to be competitive on any given day. I actually feel good about the Jays pitching, but don't know how the hitting is gonna pan out now that EE is gone.

Really though, baseball is just something to tide me over until football starts.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
When was the last time the Dodgers went to the World Series again?

Oh yeah, 5 years before the Rockies even existed. Every team in the NL West has been to the World Series more recently than the Dodgers.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Rangers fan here. Being out of the country I'm unable to keep abreast of a lot of the goings on with them. All I can hope is we make it to the playoffs again. We've had good runs the past years. Not like when I was a kid and my parents would pack us up, take us to Dallas, and we would watch a game or two every summer. Where the Rangers would inevitably lose. I did catch a foul ball once though. Really made me love the team from then on. We always have a good team going into every season these days. But by October we are beaten, tired, and battered. I could see it being the same.

Also fuck the Giants, and the bluejays.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Famicommander,

The Dodgers are due for a trip to the World Series:buttrock:

I just can't believe how their pitching falls apart in the playoffs. Heartbreaking:very_ang:

How's Coors Stadium? Beer prices?

Tap beer at a Dodgers game is $14 to $18 (micro brews/imports).
Add the $20 fee to park, and a day at the park can get ridiculous.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Been to two of the three opening games this weekend here in Philly against Washington. Saw a loss in the cold on Friday and walk-off win in the warm sun today. I love baseball!

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Been to two of the three opening games this weekend here in Philly against Washington. Saw a loss in the cold on Friday and walk-off win in the warm sun today. I love baseball!

Bah, I thought we had you after Z-man tied it up.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Famicommander,

The Dodgers are due for a trip to the World Series:buttrock:

I just can't believe how their pitching falls apart in the playoffs. Heartbreaking:very_ang:

How's Coors Stadium? Beer prices?

Tap beer at a Dodgers game is $14 to $18 (micro brews/imports).
Add the $20 fee to park, and a day at the park can get ridiculous.

Coors Field is nice. I haven't been since I was at CU Boulder almost 10 years ago though. Stadium was usually pretty packed, lots of good fans there. Compared to Petco which is one of the nicest stadiums but always half full or less and full of people wearing the opposing teams jerseys.

Food prices here are great though. They usually have like $1 hot dog promos, so I get a few of those, a beer or two, some seeds and I sneak in a can of dip and have a great time.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Coors Field is nice. I haven't been since I was at CU Boulder almost 10 years ago though. Stadium was usually pretty packed, lots of good fans there. Compared to Petco which is one of the nicest stadiums but always half full or less and full of people wearing the opposing teams jerseys.

Food prices here are great though. They usually have like $1 hot dog promos, so I get a few of those, a beer or two, some seeds and I sneak in a can of dip and have a great time.

You are correct about Petco being half full. Whenever I go to the San Diego area (Sea World/ Safari Animal Park/Balboa Park/Julian/TJ) we try to get last minute Padre tickets if they are in town. I usually get great seats at less than half of their face value.

Sucks because when a team is not supported and it decides to leave everyone gets pissed.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'll be very impressed if the Pirates can keep their shit together long enough to even make the NL Central interesting this year.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What MLB team was intended for the Arizona television market before the
existence of the diamondbacks?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Baseball is a fairly boring sport. The only time I cared about it was in the 90's when the Braves were kicking ass. However, I did get into baseball card collecting....I was a collect-tard at a very young age. Kept them minty!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Baseball is a fairly boring sport. The only time I cared about it was in the 90's when the Braves were kicking ass. However, I did get into baseball card collecting....I was a collect-tard at a very young age. Kept them minty!

Yeah. The internet really ruined that hobby. Rarity went out the door when people realized there were literally 100,000's to millions of every card.
I went through all my cards about a year ago, and nothing had any value. I tossed them all in the trash. Complete sets in all. Wasn't even worth my time to put them on craigslist.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
KC Royals for life...

I've been a KC fan since they beat those rotten bastard STL Cardinals back in '85...

With the slow decay of the NFL, MLB has once again become my favorite sport.