Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    31,605
    Quote Originally Posted by K_K View Post
    So then I'm a year older than pops, 2 older than you and shroom, and still younger than Rot's backpack.
    yarp

  2. #27

  3. #28
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Sessions is already rolling back police violence oversight. You think Gorsuch is gonna stand up to that shrunken voodoo head dixiecrat?

    Lolwut your fucking self

    Edit: how about that awesome ruling where he supported a company firing an employee for abandoning his broken down trucker rig because he was freezing? Did you like that?

    How about the deal in his law school class where he claimed that women lawyers getting sweet lawyer jobs all get knocked up on purpose to abuse the firm for maternity perks?

    Drink that kool-aid lithy, the punch tastes nice

    Edit2: ok question, if Gorsuch is ok, what is bad in your opinion?
    I was lolwut-ing your "loss of police violence and inequality", poor phrasing of your bullet point list. The whole list are such broad categories anyway that you will have to forgive my resistance that everything in all of those categories is going to disappear overnight. It won't.

    The trucker decision based on my limited reading, I would tend to side with, he was insubordinate. Life sucks, get a new job and move on.

    The other case I am not familiar with yet, will have to look it up later.

    Worse than ok would be a fiscally liberal and socially conservative nominee I guess. For Gorsuch, I like some of what I read and don't like some others. I don't think we will be returning to the dark ages because of him, I actually think it was one of the better things Trump has done overall and was kind of a dumb hill for the Democrats to die on.

    Of course that is just the new thing. Democrat and Trump did it? Opposed. Republican and Obama did it? Opposed. It is all so stupid.
    Last edited by lithy; 04-10-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  4. #29
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    I was lolwut-ing your "loss of police violence and inequality", poor phrasing of your bullet point list. The whole list are such broad categories anyway that you will have to forgive my resistance that everything in all of those categories is going to disappear overnight. It won't.

    The trucker decision based on my limited reading, I would tend to side with, he was insubordinate. Life sucks, get a new job and move on.

    The other case I am not familiar with yet, will have to look it up later.

    Worse than ok would be a fiscally liberal and socially conservative nominee I guess. For Gorsuch, I like some of what I read and don't like some others. I don't think we will be returning to the dark ages because of him, I actually think it was one of the better things Trump has done overall and was kind of a dumb hill for the Democrats to die on.

    Of course that is just the new thing. Democrat and Trump did it? Opposed. Republican and Obama did it? Opposed. It is all so stupid.
    I don't think it's good for you to make a conclusion on the Trucker case without reading more about it.

    The overall issue I have with this is that we saw the legislative branch refuse their duty to America, under the constitution, to swear in Obama's shitty choice, in order to let the republican nominate a shittier choice.

    Just to continue the 5 plus decades of republican control over the SCOTUS,

    where historically, Scalia would decide based on who had more money coming his way.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  5. #30
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    snip
    Look deeper into the trucker case. I have nothing else to say to you about this thread.


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  6. #31
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Look deeper into the trucker case. I have nothing else to say to you about this thread.
    Read his entire plain text dissent. Obviously without looking into every case cited in his defense, I still find his argument compelling enough to be in agreement with it. If there is something specific in his text that you find objectionable I'd like to know wha tit is.

    I will read the majority opinion tomorrow, since it is nearly 4 times as long, it is late, and I am lazy.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  7. #32
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    9,248
    Kind of looking like Anthony Kennedy is about to retire.

  8. #33
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    9,248
    As for Gorsuch... I don't know. I can't get too angry about him. Yeah, there have been a couple of bad rulings, he's said and done some questionable things, and it's not "his" seat, etc.

    At the same time he's probably the best nominee we could have ever hoped for from Trump. He seems like he might be an upgrade from Scalia.

    I'm worried about who will take Breyer's seat, or Kennedy's, or Ginsburg's.

    Because the filibuster is dead and Trump's hasn't made any promises about his next nominees.

    Maybe Jared could do that, too? And Ivanka! Wouldn't it be cute to have a married couple on the court?
    Only Rot can judge me.

  9. #34
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by SML View Post
    Kind of looking like Anthony Kennedy is about to retire.
    Wait'll trump stacks 3 judges and the "blah blah hillary trump same thing" people are gonna be having a really hard time.


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  10. #35
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot
    Posts
    9,248
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-marriage-bill

    Is this just more NC Republican posturing, or do they expect the courts to rule differently for some reason?

    Edit:http://www.wral.com/nc-lawmakers-tak...acc-/16640487/

    Okay, never mind. NC state Republicans are just dumb as all hell.
    Last edited by SML; 04-12-2017 at 06:38 PM.

  11. #36
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,921
    Turns out Poppy might have been right. Is Gorsuch the beginning of the end for police violence?

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...orfeiture.html
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  12. #37
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Turns out Poppy might have been right. Is Gorsuch the beginning of the end for police violence?

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...orfeiture.html
    Not really the beginning. Clarence Thomas has been crusading against this for longer. Right now, profit policing has one supporter in John Roberts, although I imagine he has a good reason for it.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #38
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Turns out Poppy might have been right. Is Gorsuch the beginning of the end for police violence?

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...orfeiture.html
    I see what you did there, but civil asset forfeiture is only related to police violence in the most abstract way imaginable.


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  14. #39
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    I see what you did there, but civil asset forfeiture is only related to police violence in the most abstract way imaginable.
    <3

    Quit moving the goalposts!
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  15. #40
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    <3

    Quit moving the goalposts!
    Stop trying 60yrd kicks!


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.


free counters
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Where the hell is that damned music coming from?!