NEO GEO HOMAGE NEW ali personalised controller shell

carlos66

n00b
it was a proto type,working on something abit more molded now,just to see if the alloy would come together to make something nice.after fitting buttons to my aes controller wanted to make something original

carlos66

n00b
they are 24mm buttons could of used 30,what i had from another project.the size of the controller is larger than it looks
.the omega is a nice project case.wanted something thats not plastic

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
good work.

the colors and size are not my style, but very impressive from a technical standpoint. congratz, have fun with the stick man!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude, these cases are awesome, can we see pics of the thing all around? I'd be down for a case about the size of a HRAP stick.

carlos66

n00b
would love to make these full time.will get some more pics for you have afew as they were beening made before the coating.the scribe can be whatever u like..i have put a aes cart in for size ratioresiz2 2.jpgresize 1.jpgresize 3.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wouldn't mind having one but I'd like it slightly wider, I don't care for the square design of it. Other than that, it looks fantastic.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Great idea, wonderful execution!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The finish looks so pro. If you manage to get a hold on an HRAP stick try to take some measurements, that size would be a winner, maybe a bit expensive but I'd be willing to pay for a good case with that type of finish, that is some really cool looking material. You can keep the curves basic like you have been, it's just a matter of size, room for your hands, the angle, that type of thing. HRAP2 measures 9" front to back x 16" side to side x 3" tall overall. Just some food for thought for your next project.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
These look nice, I'd like to pick up a modern design with a pure 4-button layout.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Make a recreation of the kidney stick, just a tad larger...wooooooooooo!

Edit: Black Anodized...oooooohhh!

Last edited:

carlos66

n00b
thanks for the sizes will try to add more shape to the next one i think.only trouble would be the weight .its made from a solid block of alloy.wall thickness is 6mm. will draw something up in cad,see what everyone thinks
if i were to make these,has anyone a design they would like on the surface,what colours etc

Last edited:

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I hope these do come to fruition, as Xian Xi mentioned if the unit was a little wider it would be nice, but it is personal preference. I recently got a HORI RAP 4 and much prefer the wider base over the Mad Catz sticks. I think Red and Black options would be good as to satisfy MVS/CMVS and AES users, standard 30mm arcade buttons in Rainbow layout or a 6 button version with support for other retro system like the Mega Drive/Genesis and SNES but I imagine it would be harder to get a multi console stick setup. Regarding the logos, maybe just the standard NEO GEO logo might be enough, perhaps the Japanese version.

In any case I do love what you have produced it is a very nice stick.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Dude that is sick, well done! Loving the metal slug design on the controller. Id definitely pay for one of those!