NEO GEO HOMAGE NEW ali personalised controller shell

carlos66

n00b
hi everybody
been working on this for a while with a friend at work.
wanted to make something unique for my neo geo

mod1.jpgmod2.jpgmod3.jpg

just thought i would list it see what everybody thinks

carlos66

n00b
aluminium body,anodized finish.etching has been machined on.should last a life time;)

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looks really cool. Great Job.

carlos66

n00b
thank you
was looking into making these for different consoles,,thought i would start with the neo..change the scribe for say mario.or sonic

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
That's really nice, anyway could you move the thread under creative or homebrew? Same as for Cdamm and his fightstick..., these kind of projects are not exactly relevant news/rumors...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Very nice design and the closure is magnificent! If these come out for sale definably let me know. A blue and red combo would be nice with the Neo and or MVS logos etched into them. If you are thinking about doing one for other consoles how about a universal retro stick for SNES/Mega Drive/Neo Geo?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Looks pretty awesome but it's very apparent that it's a fingerprint magnet judging by the pics you posted. Fantastic work on the enclosure. The etching would be even sweeter if you had a way to change color tones just down in the engraved spots. How is the finish done for the color? Was this dipped or sprayed etc?

carlos66

n00b
the idea was to put the engraving on after to make it stand out, but the alloy wouldnt be protected.its a chemical reaction.so dipped

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice work! I'm not usually a fan of light up buttons, but I think they could look really cool on that controller.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
i give it a meh...when I think of Neo Geo, it's a big red. Should have been painted red & the buttons seem to be at an odd angle

Spoiler:
don't tell me the angle is like at 45 deg

carlos66

n00b
could have been red or green .its not paint tho.i have 2 made will do other 1 red i think

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn, that is business! Something a little different! Edit: See if you can make the next cases a bit wider, just saying.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Dude that's a badass looking stick, very nice work!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks great but one question, why square? Was it modeled after the Omega or something, you didn't want it slightly wider?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Nice man, the etching is dope. I can't tell but are those 24mm or 30mm buttons? I'd roll with 30s but just curious.