I made a new thing. (new fightstick coming out!)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
EDIT: Here is the Kickstarter Link for those looking for it! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023118355/project-fierce

Just announced on the windy twitter/fb .. We got a fancy fightstick coming.

Here is Project Fierce.

mMtW1Fv.jpg

Has Neutrik USB (ps4, ps3, xb1, 360, pc, and lolwiiu) and db15 (my supergun and neo geo) on the back. JLF stick, 30mm sanwa action buttons and 24mm up top.

Top array of buttons is ps4 touch pad controls, L3, R3, Home, Select, Start. Tourney Lockout on the back.

Enclosure is done local. Everything that can be is not just made in USA, but right here in Chicago.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...so...many...buttons...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
...so...many...buttons...

Usually you see those buttons on the backs and sides of fight sticks. I wanted them in reach, but can still disable start, select, and home via the tournament lockout switch.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
clean look. is it possible to do without the ps4 touchpad buttons if requested?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
clean look. is it possible to do without the ps4 touchpad buttons if requested?

not really as the enclosure is being produced and one or 2 offs would be prohibitively expensive. that said- i'm moving it from 3 button touch emulation to 1 with joystick input. final version will be down 2 of the buttons.

thanks for the good words though.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Love the button layout, I'm sick of all the viewlix style 6 straight across and LP/LK slightly lower...

How much moneys?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
What's the enclosure made of?

I'll be interested some day, lol. Broke as hell atm.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
What's the enclosure made of?

I'll be interested some day, lol. Broke as hell atm.

Looking at the top right corner, I think it's a metal enclosure.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
How did you get the texture?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Enclosure is made of steel . Fabricated locally . The finish is a matte black powder coat

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Go to hell.

Lol, but what am I going to play Ultra Street Fighter 2 with? jk

I like the look, but I'm in the camp that prefers the additional buttons on the back. I think the only ones I'd really want on top are start/select.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Lol, but what am I going to play Ultra Street Fighter 2 with? jk

I like the look, but I'm in the camp that prefers the additional buttons on the back. I think the only ones I'd really want on top are start/select.

No worries man. It's all a matter of preference. If I ever needed the buttons I would like to be able to reach them without interruption. Chocolate or vanilla.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Brook universal + a custom one I had made to control some other features.

Ah I see. You plan on running any input lag test on them? If its using Brooks it should be 4ish ms which is pretty good. Kinda like this site.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

In any case, the stick looks great. I just wish it didn't have all those buttons at the top.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Ah I see. You plan on running any input lag test on them? Kinda like this site. If its using Brooks it should be 4ish ms which is pretty good.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

In any case, the stick looks great. I just wish it didn't have all those buttons at the top.

Like I was saying the top buttons are a matter of taste. With the research I did and the people I talked to while in development that was the way to go.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm sure the practicality of the buttons placement will win people over in the end. ;)

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Looks great! Are you going to have options for button colors? Or quick disconnects so I could easily change the button color scheme?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Looks great! Are you going to have options for button colors? Or quick disconnects so I could easily change the button color scheme?

They have quick connects . I'll have a couple color options. I just have them rocking my brand livery right now for the announcements.