Skycurser Pricing Revealed!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
$699/$1199/$3499

A bit spendy for my tastes, but I'm definitely curious to see how the game plays. Anyone tried it?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
played it at MGC 2015 is was pretty fun

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Yaaaaaaaa... I'm done spending $400+ for a single game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Mine is preordered, that's half of what I thought it was going to cost.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Serious question: Why is the board alone so expensive? I could buy 3 games on my want list for $700.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Serious question: Why is the board alone so expensive? I could buy 3 games on my want list for $700.

Thats the price of what a Neo MVS kit cost when it came out. Think about R and D. That's out of pocket. Cave kits cost 2k when new. So this is a deal.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Thats the price of what a Neo MVS kit cost when it came out. Think about R and D. That's out of pocket. Cave kits cost 2k when new. So this is a deal.

Got it. Thanks!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

This is one of the cheapest arcade games to ever be released. You can't expect a brand new arcade game to be the same price as the used stuff most of us buy years after the fact.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
True - I was just thinking of the hardware cost, not the R&D. I'd imagine this is pretty low spec compared to modern arcade games, right? I'd be surprised if this is anything more than a low-powered off-the-shelf-ish machine - something along the lines an i3 Alienware Alpha.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You could say the same of most Cave games when they were new :D

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yea Saidaioujou was like 2k and is on 10+ year old hardware.

Dang! With all those sprites and ridiculous effects, I figured it was pushing the hardware a bit :lolz: Guess not.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

This. SDOJ was $2400, I think

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Don't forget this is the motherboard and game too. Subsequent games will be able to be purchased and use this same motherboard so price gets even better when you consider that. Games are housed on thumb drives so changing games out is simple plug n play which is nice.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Don't forget this is the motherboard and game too. Subsequent games will be able to be purchased and use this same motherboard so price gets even better when you consider that. Games are housed on thumb drives so changing games out is simple plug n play which is nice.

Oh noice. I thought the DOJ style enclosure was a full game. Do games run from a USB stick?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oh noice. I thought the DOJ style enclosure was a full game. Do games run from a USB stick?

I think it loads the game from the USB stick into ram. The dongle is also the security measure of the system.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Price is really generous, but what's the $500 difference between the 'Pro' & 'Deluxe' kits?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Price is really generous, but what's the $500 difference between the 'Pro' & 'Deluxe' kits?

Art package I'm pretty sure. You get a full wrap for side art. Sides, front kick plate area, control panel overlay and marquee. The alternative is buying the dedicated cab for a lot more so if you pickup a dynamo hs-25 for cheap it's a pretty viable option for an arcade to have a dedicated cab for much less.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
If you haven't played it they'll be at MGC this weekend. It's a really great game and the guys developing it are very receptive to feedback/suggestions. I'm excited about the other Airframe games coming out, too. The relative cost is going to be worth it once there are 4-5 games for this thing, and I believe they've got enough momentum going to get at least that many in the next couple years.