Will Nintendo make more 3DS's?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I know they are still making some XL's. But I really want a standard size. I don't keep up with Nintendo, anyone else know more about this?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I know they are still making some XL's. But I really want a standard size. I don't keep up with Nintendo, anyone else know more about this?

Supposedly they are still trickling out the mario black friday edition, (at full retail) but I've only seen the odd one here and there.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'll sell you my Animal Crossing HHD new 3DS for cheap if you want pixel.

Spoiler:

Vita > 3DS ;)

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I just like the colored buttons.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
At walmarts stores I saw the galaxy edition of the standard new 3ds getting stock regularly.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I don't see them as often, but I do see them at local retail so they are out there. The XL just gets more traction either in Pokemon style or those starry looking Galaxy models lately. It seems in the run up to the Switch they decided to put a stop or near stop on ramming out to retail lots of the 3DS systems in general and well we know getting the NES CE still sucks too but they do appear in cycles still. I think as they get up more production to handle the Switch the other stuff will correct itself as it goes along. Also there's no reason at all to buy a 3DS anymore when the New3DS (non XL) has the right size you want with lots of nice internal upgrades of good use including also 3D that actually finally works due to head tracking.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
What do you mean "regular"? You can still easily find the New 3ds in regular size and not the XL. I find that to be a nice comfortable size. Granted the GBA micro is my favorite portable ever so I dont have a issue with smaller. Only issue I have with Nintendo portables is how much of the system is useless plastic and how much larger the screen could be on the same size footprint of a system.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What do you mean "regular"? You can still easily find the New 3ds in regular size and not the XL. I find that to be a nice comfortable size. Granted the GBA micro is my favorite portable ever so I dont have a issue with smaller. Only issue I have with Nintendo portables is how much of the system is useless plastic and how much larger the screen could be on the same size footprint of a system.

I mean the regular sized "new" 3DS in US region. Only resellers seem to have $$$$

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I'd like to know where nowhereland is, cause they obviously have things that no one else has.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I didn't see any of the non 'XL' new3ds this weekend but I saw a good decent supply of 2 shades of the 2DS, then a common and then the starry galaxy looking New XL (probably 6+.) It is kind of curious that model is missing, but then again, scalpers.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I mean the regular sized "new" 3DS in US region. Only resellers seem to have $$$$

If I see one today out in the wild maybe we can work something out.

After looking for regular new3ds I guess everyones right. The where all over the place at their firesafe price of only $100 last black friday and really I saw them in stores until around january. I guess demand wasn't enough to keep making them. Its a shame how elfin big portables are becoming. How we went from gba sp to things like a switch being consider portable are truly baffling.

Last edited: