Thread: Will Nintendo make more 3DS's?

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Will Nintendo make more 3DS's?

I know they are still making some XL's. But I really want a standard size. I don't keep up with Nintendo, anyone else know more about this?
    Last edited by pixeljunkie; 04-02-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    I know they are still making some XL's. But I really want a standard size. I don't keep up with Nintendo, anyone else know more about this?
    Supposedly they are still trickling out the mario black friday edition, (at full retail) but I've only seen the odd one here and there.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

OP has tiny hands.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    OP has tiny hands.
    was he lamuna all along?

Chin's Bartender

I'll sell you my Animal Crossing HHD new 3DS for cheap if you want pixel.

Spoiler:

Vita > 3DS

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Rockie View Post
    I'll sell you my Animal Crossing HHD new 3DS for cheap if you want pixel.
    Do this, the regular size New 3DS is nice.

Crawley's Sergeant

I just like the colored buttons.

Cham Cham's Banana

At walmarts stores I saw the galaxy edition of the standard new 3ds getting stock regularly.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I don't see them as often, but I do see them at local retail so they are out there. The XL just gets more traction either in Pokemon style or those starry looking Galaxy models lately. It seems in the run up to the Switch they decided to put a stop or near stop on ramming out to retail lots of the 3DS systems in general and well we know getting the NES CE still sucks too but they do appear in cycles still. I think as they get up more production to handle the Switch the other stuff will correct itself as it goes along. Also there's no reason at all to buy a 3DS anymore when the New3DS (non XL) has the right size you want with lots of nice internal upgrades of good use including also 3D that actually finally works due to head tracking.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

What do you mean "regular"? You can still easily find the New 3ds in regular size and not the XL. I find that to be a nice comfortable size. Granted the GBA micro is my favorite portable ever so I dont have a issue with smaller. Only issue I have with Nintendo portables is how much of the system is useless plastic and how much larger the screen could be on the same size footprint of a system.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by ysselcneogeo View Post
    What do you mean "regular"? You can still easily find the New 3ds in regular size and not the XL. I find that to be a nice comfortable size. Granted the GBA micro is my favorite portable ever so I dont have a issue with smaller. Only issue I have with Nintendo portables is how much of the system is useless plastic and how much larger the screen could be on the same size footprint of a system.
    I mean the regular sized "new" 3DS in US region. Only resellers seem to have $$$$
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Quote Originally Posted by ysselcneogeo View Post
    I'd like to know where nowhereland is, cause they obviously have things that no one else has.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I didn't see any of the non 'XL' new3ds this weekend but I saw a good decent supply of 2 shades of the 2DS, then a common and then the starry galaxy looking New XL (probably 6+.) It is kind of curious that model is missing, but then again, scalpers.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    I mean the regular sized "new" 3DS in US region. Only resellers seem to have $$$$
    If I see one today out in the wild maybe we can work something out.

After looking for regular new3ds I guess everyones right. The where all over the place at their firesafe price of only $100 last black friday and really I saw them in stores until around january. I guess demand wasn't enough to keep making them. Its a shame how elfin big portables are becoming. How we went from gba sp to things like a switch being consider portable are truly baffling.
    Last edited by ysselcneogeo; 04-30-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: update

Thread Information