Thread: Stupid Question about PCBs and Magnets

Crawley's Sergeant

Stupid Question about PCBs and Magnets

Hey guys,

I found a box that's the perfect size for my ESP Ra.De board. But once I got it home, I realized the top flap latches onto the rest of the box via a magnet. Could this damage the PCB? If so, I'll have to rip it out.

Sidenote: The board is stored in one layer of anti-static bubble wrap and one layer of normal bubble wrap, all of which are slipped into an anti-static bag.

Sidenote 2: The magnet is strong enough that it can hold a small screwdriver to the box.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

How strong of a magnet we talking? If it is just a latch one, im leaning towards no, but we need a magnetologist to weigh his opinion.

Also MAGNETIC SHOCKWAVE

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Neo*Geomancer

Crawley's Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    How strong of a magnet we talking? If it is just a latch one, im leaning towards no, but we need a magnetologist to weigh his opinion.

Also MAGNETIC SHOCKWAVE

I ended up cutting out the magnets. Turns out they were pretty small - about the size of a button battery. So I was able to use a razor and pry them from the cardboard. But they did seem pretty strong, so I'm glad I did take them out. I tested the board and it's fine. Phew.

Thread Information