Anybody familiar with Genpei Touma Den PCE?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Really enjoying this game but I'm stuck on the stupid 3 headed dragon on stage 16 "Shinano". This thing is kicking my ass, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I got two of the 3 items required to beat the game the last item the "Kusanagi" sword is right behind the damn 3 headed dragon after you kill him. Right before you get to him on the platforms you get a candle for health refill, i get to him with 8 full candles but still can't get it done ughh.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Figured it out, collecting purple orbs levels up you sword strength. But striking hard objects like stones etc degrades it. And loosing a life also resets the sword power to zero. So pretty much you half to get to him w/o dying to beat the damn 3 headed dragon. I got to him w/o dying and collected a ton of purple orbs I destroyed his ass quick. So now got to do a perfect run, the (side small mode) stages are the worst by far. The pin point jumping required on the moving platforms is God awful. Oh well guess it's going to be a long night, im beating this today. Got plenty of cold beer in fridge so I should be good.

Update:

Beat the game last night. You half to go through it w/o dying or you can forget the last few bosses. Your sword will be useless if you continue. The absolute worst part of the game is the "small mode" side scrolling stages. The moving platforms are a nightmare to navigate/ stay on. Because once you land on them you actually have to move your character with the way they move or you fall off them. I don't know why they made it like this i have never played a game that does this it will infuriate the fuck out of you i promise.

Last edited: