1000 years from now

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
"Why did humans in the late 1900s believe that every alien in space was just giant, angry genitals?" - SHMUP Archeologist from the planet Genitalus, earth year 3017

Last edited:

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I'm reminded of the old sci-fi story in which some guys are hanging out in Timbuktu or thereabouts a thousand or so years ago, all enjoying life in a sophisticated city full of arts and studies and such. An old beggar, rumored to be able to see the future, is called in for giggles. But he interrupts the party, explaining that future generations will barely remember their culture, and Europeans will even, for a time, claim that everyone south of Egypt had merely been savages. They all laugh and say that is just silly and that their poetry and other accomplishments will surely never be forgotten etc.

I suspect it won't take a thousand years for NeoGeo to be forgotten. If we are lucky, this whole embarrassing episode will be behind us far sooner. :D

Sega32Bit

n00b
Maybe, to be honest I'm glad I was part of the generation who experienced neogeo in it's prime.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm not so sure this "craze" is going away any time soon, more newcomers are starting to realize how great some of these games are and want in, who can blame them. If all I was playing was CoD, Madden, GTA, RPGs and all that type of stuff I'd be all about that "retro" feel too. It is up to us to guide this new generation, prevent them from falling into that collectard mentality and stick to emulation, appreciate the games for what they are not what they have.

Sorry dude retro shit is just currently nerd-chic. 90% of the buyers of this garbage probably never play these games.

OP is an idiot if he thinks that Neo-Geo has any chance of being a notable moment in the history of humanity in 1000 years. I doubt that video games in general will be remembered for more than 200 years.