Stephen King's IT: The Loser's Club - Part 1 trailer footage

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I just have to view this movie as a non Tim Curry concept. Tim Curry is so far and away a stage dominant performer. I think it's looking really solid from the trailer I saw earlier.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Wasn't the kids portion of the story based in the 50s though? I'm sure the adult sections, which weren't shown in the trailer (is this film going to cover that period or is it coming in a sequel?), were based in the 80s.

It was, but I think they're making this version set in the modern day. So when they're kids it is set in the 80s, and the adult story will be set today. I suppose it makes sense to try to modernise it. No one now is really nostalgic for the 50s, it's all about the 80s these days.

I thought the trailer looked great. I love the book, and the 90s version. It's one of the few films that scared me as a kid. I'll definitely be watching this on opening weekend.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm still waiting for the 90's Nostalgia wave to hit.

It used to be a 20 year gap.
Happy Days (50's) in the 70's
Wonder Years (Late 60's) in the Late 80's
That 70's (late 70's) Show in the late 90's. -Also Freaks and geeks.
Then the 80's idealized nostalgia took a slow burn.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

It used to be a 20 year gap.
Happy Days (50's) in the 70's
Wonder Years (Late 60's) in the Late 80's
That 70's (late 70's) Show in the late 90's. -Also Freaks and geeks.
Then the 80's idealized nostalgia took a slow burn.

Its coming....

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Its coming....

yeah, power rangers is already here. we got a goosebumps movie, and i'm guessing we'll start getting stuff like are you afraid of the dark and much more.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I just have to view this movie as a non Tim Curry concept. Tim Curry is so far and away a stage dominant performer. I think it's looking really solid from the trailer I saw earlier.

Yeah, gotta take it as separate from Tim Curry, its hard to top that. I'm pretty excited about it from the trailer, looks good so far. There has been a serious lack of good horror films lately and this looks like it might help fill the void.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is like the Joker.

After Nicholson, Hamil and Ledger each had to put their own twist on it to get it over.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
It is obviously not going to be a great movie, but still...it has to be watched.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It is obviously not going to be a great movie, but still...it has to be watched.

What part of the obvious decent trailer was not obvious enough for you? Obviously :thevt:

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I'll be there on opening night just to see it in
a theater. Fuck power rangers this homicidal clown
was my childhood. Of course Tim Curry was the best
but shit I need my fix regardless.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Just like every other book I read in middle school I've forgotten everything about it. Someone said there was a gangbang scene during the kids part. wtf

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Just like every other book I read in middle school I've forgotten everything about it. Someone said there was a gangbang scene during the kids part. wtf

i remember something like how the boys had to bang that one girl to ward off evil or something.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Anyone planning to go and see the movie? Alot of the reviews I've seen say it is both a great and scary horror movie, one in particular that said would transcend the years to be remembered like A Nightmare on Elm Street did in the 80's. 90% so far from RT. The success of this one would guarantee we see the adult portion next year too, even though it has already been filming but if this were to bomb, they would probably shelve it or go through with it and do a quiet type of release next year without alot of marketing.

Speaking of quiet/under the radar release, the trailer to the 3rd part of Jeepers Creepers came out this week and it is having a release of only one day later this month. The premiere has been canceled and a boycott of the movie is underway due to the director, who is a convicted sex offender.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'll be going to see it on the weekend. There is a midnight showing tonight at my local cinema, and a couple of friends are going, but I am too old these days to do that and make it to work tomorrow morning.

It really does look good, and everyone who has seen it seems to like it. I'm a big King fan and it is so rare that they get the adaptation right, so I'm quite excited about it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

where have you been? its been present for quite some time, dude.

Surge, Crystal Pepsi, all of the reboots/remakes, fashion, retro gaming prices, etc. etc.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I hope this is better than Dark Tower. I had high hopes for that movie and by all accounts it was a steaming turd. :( This certainly has gotten me in the mood to watch the old miniseries though.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
the movie i was waiting for all year. love the trailer and glad to hear it's getting good reviews. will see it as soon as i get a chance.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hoping to see it this weekend.

Edit - Tickets bought, kids getting minded, seeing it tomorrow!

Last edited:

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'm curious about this movie, but I watched the miniseries when I was too young and didn't finish it, so I didn't get any closure. What I did get, was a nasty fear of clowns.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Never been a fan of King's books. His writing style is just not enjoyable for me. However I usually watch the movies and such and tend to have a good time with those. I know they aren't usually book accurate, but maybe that's why I like them.

Also, loved Tim Curry and John Ritter in the tv mini-series. Their performance alone made it worth watching.