Floigan Brothers (for Dreamcast) has long-lost DLC unlocked with developers help

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Floigan Bros. was still in development for the Dreamcast when the console was discontinued in March 2001. It launched about four months later. Thanks to the Dreamcast's online innovations, it was among the first console games taking advantage of downloadable content availability.

For Floigan Bros. that would have manifested in a 12-month schedule of goodies that included outfits for the main character, in-game trinkets, and even a new minigame. In fact, Floigan Bros. was also one of the first games to deploy the detested concept of on-disc DLC, which would be unlocked at the proper launch time (that said, the DLC was free).

The DLC was to be unlocked by a save file downloaded to the Dreamcast's signature Visual Memory Unit. Seventeen years later, some Visual Concepts developers helped manipulate the save file for the January DLC, the only one archived online after the game and console ended, to unlock all of the rest. The original developers said that much of the content was never unlocked during Floigan Bros. original lifespan.

Get the files here:

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/blogs/post/All-Floigan-Bros-DLC-Released/

(My summary was shamelessly stolen from Polygon)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
cool! i never finished this game, but I remember diggin this one.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Hoooooly shit! That is a really awesome find. I finally first played this game just a couple of years because it always seemed interesting to me. Man it really is a quirky and interesting game but it is hard as fuck.

Never finished it but this news makes me want to jump back in :)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This was certainly one of those games that had my interest up until the dreamcast failed.
This is great news.