"The untold stories behind the games of Fatal Fury" article on PS Blog

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That was a cool read.

I had no idea about Billy's "no hitbox" hop in RBS.

I should check to see if my MVS cart has that bug, might be able to charge $100+ for it cause its so rarez

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Good read indeed. I wonder how many of those MVS carts were actually recalled and replaced. Or how one would recognize the cart without having to execute the move.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Real Bout Fatal Fury was produced by reusing unsold NeoGeo cartridges of Fatal Fury 3. Didn´t know this fact.

Very interesting info here.

mhell06

n00b
Real Bout Fatal Fury was produced by reusing unsold NeoGeo cartridges of Fatal Fury 3. Didnエt know this fact.

Interesting. I have heard the real bout series being called spin-offs of ff3 before though. Not sure why (maybe story-wise?).

Hope to see more interviews with former devs!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
thanks for posting, that was excellent.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That was a cool read.

I had no idea about Billy's "no hitbox" hop in RBS.

I should check to see if my MVS cart has that bug, might be able to charge $100+ for it cause its so rarez

Will you be offering a fakked edition with repro artwork for $500?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So SNK did the first cons from FF3s themselves? Shocking. Also: does anybody have an MVS cart, on which Billy Kane’s short hop A has no hit-box? Could be worth a couple of grand by now.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All RBFF carts hqve 069 roms on them it seems. It's no different than World Heroes Perfect and Jet.

Amazing what they were able to make with reused roms. RBFF truly is a different game than FF3 in almost every way. RBFF is one of my long-time personal faves.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
All RBFF carts hqve 069 roms on them it seems. It's no different than World Heroes Perfect and Jet.

Amazing what they were able to make with reused roms. RBFF truly is a different game than FF3 in almost every way. RBFF is one of my long-time personal faves.

Kizuna Encounter contains mostly Savage Reign ROMs.

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Kizuna_Encounter

So SNK did the first cons from FF3s themselves? Shocking. Also: does anybody have an MVS cart, on which Billy Kane痴 short hop A has no hit-box? Could be worth a couple of grand by now.

SNK did mark updated ROM chips in some way. It would probably be easier to open cartridges and check the P ROMs.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Did a quick browse around some rom sites, I notice there's a bugfixed romset for Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 MVS/AES, but not Real Bout Fatal Fury Special. Perhaps the Blue Mary nudity easter egg was censored in some RBFF1 carts?

There is a South Korean version of RBFFS which features a different P1 ROM, perhaps this version has Billy Kane's missing hitbox fixed?

Last edited: