question about aero city jamma wiring

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
So through arcade otaku I was able to find the jamma pinout diagram for my aero city which apart from missing player 2 wires is stock, and I've been trying to see if it matches to other jamma pinouts and this is where I get kind of confused, I just need to know that if I buy one of Xian Xi's JNX Atlas adapters to plug into a pandoras box if it'll all work as is or if I need to rewire some stuff

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The XX Atlas adapter on a Jamma harness to play Pandora Box is all plug & play, the extra inputs (kicks) would connect to the Atlas via kick harness, in my case CPS2 kick harness.

Aero cities are wired with a jamma adapter of it's own. Other cabs do this as well and they are all proprietary. As long as you have that set up intact and in working order you should be fine. From there there are the "molex" connectors for several things. If you are missing the other end of the 2p, you might just be able to get it on ebay, or perhaps someone here has access to other sources.

You can still play Pandora box with the atlas on 1p though, no need to rewire anything. What kind of CP are you using on that cab ATM? If you don't have a CPS2 kick harness you might need to add that to the cab in order to use the 3 kick buttons. Maybe you already know about all of this, I dunno. There are diagrams for Jamma and for Pandora Box, check it out, then you'll understand what the atlas adapter is doing, just rerouting signals basically.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Am I right in thinking you had a mahjong harness with your Aero?

Basically, in the Aero City manual that's hosted on the AO wiki you'll see the pinout from the 36P edge connector that is proprietary to the Aero and also the way that is wired into JAMMA. JAMMA is a standard, so as long as you've got the pinout from the Aero City edge connector to JAMMA you'll be good.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
thanks guys, my question has been answered, this was really the last piece of the puzzle, I figured I'd be alright using Xian's atlas adapter but wanted to make absolutely sure so I didn't blow out any of the components when I get everything hooked up, some of the different diagrams I was reading weren't quite adding up and my brain was getting all twisted up