Fire Emblem Heroes - I'm hooked on this mobile game

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is my first time playing a game from the Fire Emblem series - a mobile game at that too. I never really played RPGs or strategic RPGs, but this game has me suckered in!

Who else is playing it?

My current heroes in rotation are;

Takumi 5* lvl 40
Azura 5* lvl 40
Marth 5* lvl 40
Reinhardt 5* lvl 40
Lyn 5* lvl 40
Sheena 5* lvl 40
Lissa 4* lvl 40

I'm working on getting my 3* Robin to 5*, ive just gotten 20k feathers from Arena streaks.

I'm such a Gaijin POS but I love this game. I've just gotten the missus into it.

Anyone else playing?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I'm too invested in FF Mobius and Exvius to even give this any time lol

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is it just a daily treadmill or is there an actual game there?
I dont need a "game" that has me log on once a day to level up characters to send on quests that have no point.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Is it just a daily treadmill or is there an actual game there?
I dont need a "game" that has me log on once a day to level up characters to send on quests that have no point.

That's pretty much it man. It's all about improving your stats and skils to perform better against other players in the Arena.

It's also got that Pokemon Go Gacha thing going for it and that slooow grind. I guess when it's broken down like that it really isn't anything great. It's the strategic element that draws me in. One false move or ill-thought decision on your part and you can lose the match.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yeah. im super skeptical of mobile gaming, and that pretty much covers why i wouldn't bother.

at least square tries to hide a game in there somewhere.

fluxcore

Another Striker
I'm playing it, but I don't arena, so it's basically pretty pointless, haha.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm no longer F2P. I've spent money on this. I'm no longer casual, this game is taking up the majority of my time now. And in all honesty I'm as into it as I was on day one.

Is anyone into it? Like, really into it?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I like the game, but I can't spend any money on it. I'll grind it out in the cheapest way possible.

My greatest achievement will forever be sneaking a win against Ursula in the first grand hero battle she appeared in with about 3 minutes remaining in the event.

I got some lucky 5-star draws before that and built up a ~level 28 hoss team of Ryoma, Effie, Lucina, and Hawkeye.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got suckered in with the Grand Hero event.

Got two Hectors, two Takumi and two Tharja.

I'm now working on my Quadsuna build but need my Gordin at 5* before I can inherit Brave Bow+.

The grind is real!

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
I really wanted to play it, seeing how I loved Awakening. However, it takes just too damn much space in my cheap-ass Samsung so it will have to wait.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I won't go anywhere near the arena, hate that kind of stuff. I've not bothered with the pokemon Go level catch em all garbage either.

Basically when I play it I just do the campaign mode which is pretty close to how the paid games of the past worked. Less story involved, but the general combat mechanics are all the same and as you play along you level up and level up points you can distribute into adding improved talents, spells, boosts(you or area effect), or area effect/single effect on enemies as well. Same general red-green-blue rock paper scissors setup of strong-weak as well. Sure it's a 2D throwback of NintendoDS era proportions with the color, detail and audio package, but that is no negative. I've yet to try (retry?) the same missions on hard/insane modes as normal for me is tricky enough as I don't like these types of illogical games or do all that well, but FE I can deal with. It's random when I do it, usually when I'm stuck somewhere for a bit.

I also like the dailies that get you added colored crystals and other bs because you can then turn around and roll that into an underleveled (or new) character and instantly shoot them up maybe 3 levels, maybe 10 levels. It's a handy time saver and the way you eat up Stamina (like your usual IAP whale it exists) trickles down so slowly you'd have to play for a couple hours probably before you'd have to shut it off to let it refill so it's not a nagging pain in the ass either. The buys on this one really is truly optional if you're some sort of impatient kid about stuff as you can easily ignore it and just grind it out at the same level as a legit paid boxed game.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The buys on this one really is truly optional if you're some sort of impatient kid about stuff as you can easily ignore it and just grind it out at the same level as a legit paid boxed game.

So, I'm some impatient kid? :spock:

Your approach to the game is fine, if you're some casual, but the game is clearly geared towards the Arena. It's the only real way you're going to earn Hero Feathers, which in turn is the only real way you're going to level up your toons to 5* (apart from the 3% chance of drawing one in the measly 20 orbs that took you two weeks to earn) to unlock certain skills for inheritance. The game is a grind and an arduous one at that, and if you're not invested in every aspect, it's going to get old, fast.

I'm still shit-tier, but have climbed to Ranked Tier 13 this season. I was all about creating my Quadsuna build but the time it's going to take just to unlock Brave Bow+ unless I pull a 5* Gordon or Klein is not really worth the 20k feathers to me. That's the thing too, every decision is calculated in this game, because make one brash decision and it could throw out your last two weeks of grind; I've raised a hero to 5* forking out 20k feathers to do so, then pulled that exact 5* the following day...

My current roster.
p7ggh.png

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I downloaded this on my iPad with the intention of playing it but I never got around to it. It looked pretty cool, but for whatever reason I just never played it. I've done this with a lot of games here lately. Even ones I've paid for. Like I still have Resident Evil 7 on my hdd ready to play, and I kind of want to play that, but I never do. What was this thread about again?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's a fun gane and getting some real good toons early on while I was F2P meant I was able to climb some Arena ranks quickly. It's got a similar effect as HS when you pull a great card. And the strategic level of play in Arena is challenging. It's the grind that keeps me coming back to it.

On the topic of games we're getting around to play, I can totally relate - my unplayed pile is huge, and ever-growing.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The impatient kid was meant for someone who just falls sucker to the white whale syndrome, a bad case of pokemonitis where you just pay and pay and pay because you have to have it all and immediately. You seem to be putting real effort into it so that really doesn't apply. All my stuff ranges from 5star to 4 star. I've wiped out the 3 star junk and just send them packing if a summon pulls one. I'm pretty laid back with it, not to the point of being casual, but I just care about playing it on my own like the traditional offline aspect of the game.