Thread: Sony PVM 2054QM - Any info/thoughts

Sony PVM 2054QM - Any info/thoughts

Hi!

Have an option to buy a Sony PVM 2054QM and was wondering if anyone have any thoughts on these models?

Also what would one need to expect a monitor like this goes for these days ? (a "rough" range estimate would be nice).

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Maws View Post
    Hi!

Have an option to buy a Sony PVM 2054QM and was wondering if anyone have any thoughts on these models?

Also what would one need to expect a monitor like this goes for these days ? (a "rough" range estimate would be nice).
    I sold a 20M4A this weekend which has a higher spec tube (800 line) for $600 AUD. I reckon about $350 for the 2054qm.

Lazy SNK Employee

I had a 1354q and it was a good monitor. I currently own a 20m2u and if you have a chance to get a PVM get it.

The prices are going up and they are becoming less common. I paid $225 US for my 20" PVM in Decemeber 2016 so they are getting expensive. I sold my XRGB mini and HD retrovision cables so I ended up way ahead but still pricey.

Cheng's Errand Boy

600 TV lines and RGB component. Looks like good specs. If possible, test it and see if there are any problems like heavy blooming or dull/ghosting colors.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by ginoscope View Post
    I had a 1354q and it was a good monitor. I currently own a 20m2u and if you have a chance to get a PVM get it.

The prices are going up and they are becoming less common. I paid $225 US for my 20" PVM in Decemeber 2016 so they are getting expensive. I sold my XRGB mini and HD retrovision cables so I ended up way ahead but still pricey.
    Wow so cheap, now cost start at least from 500+, but good u had a good deal!Planning to buy one too...!

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by comoema View Post
    Wow so cheap, now cost start at least from 500+, but good u had a good deal!Planning to buy one too...!
    Wow had no idea they have gone up so much. I thought $225 was a lot but $500+ is crazy. I really like my pvm but I recently modded a consumer TV for RGB and while it does not match the pvm in quality it's pretty good for a TV that was only composite only. Also the size of the TV being 25" vs 20" on the pvm makes a big difference.

Ended up getting it, had to get it shipped so no chance of testing before I got it, and still will be a while until I get time to check it out properly, but it came well packed, and looks mint - it was bought from original owner, where it had been sitting in the same studio for 5-7 years, but only seen roughly 2 years of use.......so should be alright when it comes to usage time......haven't found out yet how I can display "hours" but I'l get to that when I have time....

thanks for the feedback

Is there any way to check how many hours these monitors have run ?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Is there any way to check how many hours these monitors have run ?
    Only on BVM's i'm afraid. You cannot check this on a PVM - even the top spec models.

Stakes Winner

Ended up getting it, had to get it shipped so no chance of testing before I got it, and still will be a while until I get time to check it out properly, but it came well packed, and looks mint - it was bought from original owner, where it had been sitting in the same studio for 5-7 years, but only seen roughly 2 years of use.......so should be alright when it comes to usage time......haven't found out yet how I can display "hours" but I'l get to that when I have time....

thanks for the feedback
    Have you plugged it in to verify if it turned on? Knew a guy that ordered a PVM, and it was DOA. Dont want you to miss out on your return window. IF you dont have a console handy that outputs RGB maybe a camcorder with S-video out (if it has it)

Thread Information