OSSC + Omega MVS / CMVS = Results?

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if the OSSC works with an Omega MVS or CMVS well? Since I think MVS units output at a strange fps (59.1?), will it cause sync issues with the OSSC? Or for most LCD TVs for that matter? I assume most setups (Omega/CMVS) overclock the system slightly so that it outputs at steady 60fps, since they know it's for home use anyway?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This may fair better in the Tech Support forum.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This may fair better in the Tech Support forum.

Your probably right. I'm a little under the weather at the moment so it totally slipped my mind. If a moderator is reading this, a move to the other forum would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Your probably right. I'm a little under the weather at the moment so it totally slipped my mind. If a moderator is reading this, a move to the other forum would be greatly appreciated. :-)

The MVS has been reported to work fine with the OSSC.

IIRC, the encoder inside the Omega does not alter the sync, and the RGB is pretty much passed straight through besides maybe added resistance to the RGB lines to bring the color down a bit.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The MVS has been reported to work fine with the OSSC.

IIRC, the encoder inside the Omega does not alter the sync, and the RGB is pretty much passed straight through besides maybe added resistance to the RGB lines to bring the color down a bit.

Ah, sounds like aces in that case. What encoder is used in the Omega anyway? Is it something stock that you can just pickup online, or is it a custom built solution just for the Omega?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm sure Quan probably designed it himself. The old component modded home system I bought from him used a custom encoder he built.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I run my AES, Omega CMVS and CDZ all through the OSSC - they all work perfectly and look fantastic with the default settings. Just make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your OSSC.