Konami life force

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I got a life force in today that was sold as working. The board will not sync with my E2, but it will with the neo 25. However the colors are off. All the controls and the sound work fine. What could be the issue with the board? I'd rather not return it if I don't have to.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Are the capacitors in good shape? Konami boards often need to be recapped.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Are the capacitors in good shape? Konami boards often need to be recapped.

Everything looks to be in good order- the board is very clean. So far its been pointed out that the blue is missing off the board. Still not sure why it won't sync with the E2, but I've heard this board can be very flaky.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Everything looks to be in good order- the board is very clean. So far its been pointed out that the blue is missing off the board. Still not sure why it won't sync with the E2, but I've heard this board can be very flaky.

If you've got a scope (or at least a magnifying glass), look carefully at the circuit traces. I recently purchased an arcade PCB that had a trace that was barely scratched during shipping enough to break the circuit and cause problems - despite being well packed. You may have a broken trace coming off the video encoding chip.

IMG_2455.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Is it a GX board? I doubt it, but if it is, take a look at the daughterboard, they tend to flex a bit because the coonection is a bit tight and not perfectly aligned, I had a Parodius give me an issue, unplugged the daughter board (actual game) and noticed some flexed solder, prolly lost the joint along the way, refluxed and done, game works like a champ.