Adding 4th button to new Astro city

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
I have a 1 slot in a new Astro city. How do I add the 4th button for neo geo? For cps2 I have the kick harness for 6 buttons. What's the best solution?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I have a 1 slot in a new Astro city. How do I add the 4th button for neo geo? For cps2 I have the kick harness for 6 buttons. What's the best solution?

You wire in the 4th button to the jst connector under the control panel, arcade otaku has a wiring pic for visual aid.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This should be what you are looking for Wiring Guide
It should match the control panel on your astro city cab

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I use the Jammaboards.com MVS>JAMMA adaptor, which includes pinouts for button 4, stereo speakers if you want it, etc.

I hadn't realised the chap who ran Jammaboards died a year or so back - RIP :-( I was checking their store last night, which is closed now, and did some further checking today. Man, that was a great site. I bought all the adaptors etc I might need a few years back, thank goodness. I just wanted a 10-pin connector for the pin out to enable easy connection to button 4 etc on the Astro I just bought, but I guess will have to customise something up, which is no biggie. Plus I've got the NG cab for MVS anyway.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
I use the Jammaboards.com MVS>JAMMA adaptor, which includes pinouts for button 4, stereo speakers if you want it, etc.

I hadn't realised the chap who ran Jammaboards died a year or so back - RIP :-( I was checking their store last night, which is closed now, and did some further checking today. Man, that was a great site. I bought all the adaptors etc I might need a few years back, thank goodness. I just wanted a 10-pin connector for the pin out to enable easy connection to button 4 etc on the Astro I just bought, but I guess will have to customise something up, which is no biggie. Plus I've got the NG cab for MVS anyway.

Can I get a pic of the adapter?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can easily use a JNX Atlas for adding buttons 4 and 5(select) via existing kick harness.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
You can easily use a JNX Atlas for adding buttons 4 and 5(select) via existing kick harness.
Presumably via CPS2 harness. But what are the settings, as NG isn't JAMMA? Is it with the switch set to Elf/Pandora? I guess a 1-slot NG with JAMMA edge would cover issues of voltage and audio.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Presumably via CPS2 harness. But what are the settings, as NG isn't JAMMA? Is it with the switch set to Elf/Pandora? I guess a 1-slot NG with JAMMA edge would cover issues of voltage and audio.

Yes, set to JAMMA as elf would flip the elf button 6 from ground (jamma). Yes, a 1 slot is JAMMA, you can also just add the extra wire from your jamma harness and save some money. The JNX Big Red is the JAMMA to MVS adapter but I don't have an output for buttons 4 and 5, I'm debating on adding those to the next version.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Xian Xi, I've ordered loads of stuff from you recently (in addition to loads a few years ago, including a supergun), and your equipment rocks. I would say your boards and other equipment are the natural successor to Jammaboards (RIP). I hope you will ensure you produce equivalents to his adaptors etc.

I attached a CPS2 harness to your Atlas adaptor, and achieved 6 buttons with SF2 etc on both Pandora 4S and RaspberryJAMMA (set to Elf). In addition, I achieved 4 buttons on a 1-slot NeoGeo board (set to JAMMA, as it has JAMMA edge connector of course). The integrated voltmeter is useful too :-)

So basically all problems are now solved thanks to your Hawaiian magic :-)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Xian Xi, I've ordered loads of stuff from you recently (in addition to loads a few years ago, including a supergun), and your equipment rocks. I would say your boards and other equipment are the natural successor to Jammaboards (RIP). I hope you will ensure you produce equivalents to his adaptors etc.

I attached a CPS2 harness to your Atlas adaptor, and achieved 6 buttons with SF2 etc on both Pandora 4S and RaspberryJAMMA (set to Elf). In addition, I achieved 4 buttons on a 1-slot NeoGeo board (set to JAMMA, as it has JAMMA edge connector of course). The integrated voltmeter is useful too :-)

So basically all problems are now solved thanks to your Hawaiian magic :-)

Thanks dude, I appreciate it very much.