Crash diets!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you haven't been dieting for at least a month then it's easy to drop a pound a day when your body depletes it's carb storage up to 20lbs.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Wasabi once said you can eat or you can drink but you can't do both. I've been switching back and forth and it's been working relatively well.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Ok last day for the Military Diet. Im down to 208.6, lost about 2.4lbs. Yesterday, was just hell. I was so cranky & pretty much snapped at anyone, not sure if im going to do this next week. Im pretty happy with the results though, i've been stuck at about 210-218 for about year now w/ dieting.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Get a tapeworm.

LOL. But seriously, from personal experience - add in weight training, specifically dead lifting. Running is obviously great but it only temporarily raises your metabolism. Adding actual muscle will help elevate your natural metabolism and help create a bigger daily calorie deficit.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
LOL. But seriously, from personal experience - add in weight training, specifically dead lifting. Running is obviously great but it only temporarily raises your metabolism. Adding actual muscle will help elevate your natural metabolism and help create a bigger daily calorie deficit.

Weights do burn a lot more calories.
however, now that we can more accurately measure resting metabolism, it has been found there is not a direct correlation to muscle mass.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Anybody know where i can order tapeworms?

As of today i loss 2.1lbs, currently weighing in 208.9lbs. The lowest i got was 207.4.

Alright round two of this Military Diet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Anybody know where i can order tapeworms?

As of today i loss 2.1lbs, currently weighing in 208.9lbs. The lowest i got was 207.4.

Alright round two of this Military Diet.

Seriously, get into ketosis to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. Then from there workout like an animal.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Seriously, get into ketosis to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. Then from there workout like an animal.

I tried Ketosis last month & i just stalled at 215lbs. I used to be able to lose 20lbs easily in a month or two but now my body is so used to it. I also get really bad headaches when i do the Atkins low carb type diets. ONly way for me to lose weight caloric deficit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I tried Ketosis last month & i just stalled at 215lbs. I used to be able to lose 20lbs easily in a month or two but now my body is so used to it. I also get really bad headaches when i do the Atkins low carb type diets. ONly way for me to lose weight caloric deficit.

Wait, are you not sticking to macros when in Ketosis? You need to stick to strict macros when in Ketosis for it to be very efficient. If you are saying you only lose when you are caloric deficient then you need to adjust your macros to fit your guidelines.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah i dont really follow macros when doing the atkins, just make sure i eat less then 20grams of carbs for 2 weeks. I did that for a month half & lost like 8lbs w/ lots of headaches. I might try that Keto next week after im done with this military diet.

Im reading up on it & notice that i need a lot of fats. What type of foods would i be eating? Can you post a typical meals you eat.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah i dont really follow macros when doing the atkins, just make sure i eat less then 20grams of carbs for 2 weeks. I did that for a month half & lost like 8lbs w/ lots of headaches. I might try that Keto next week after im done with this military diet.

Im reading up on it & notice that i need a lot of fats. What type of foods would i be eating? Can you post a typical meals you eat.

You don't need to eat a lot of fat, just remember that calories are calories. Fats are usually high in calories. I just go by the calculator. My current macros are 20g of Carbs, 120g of Protein and 147g of Fats.

As for typical meals, I usually have a Quest shake for breakfast(7am) since I don't like eating in the morning, if I'm in Ketosis I usually don't get hungry until about 3pm. Out of Ketosis, I get hungry about 11am. If I eat a lunch it's usually just a salad with hardboiled egg, a few pecans and a dressing that I love that's only 1g net carb. For protein I usually have two strips of bacon or a chicken breast that is about 50g.

For Dinner, it will always have vegetables just depends on what I'm feeling that day. Yesterday I had pork sinigang, no rice so just some soup, pork and vegetables. But on a normal day, I like a broccoli and cauliflower mix and a sauteed chicken breast or steak. Sometimes I'll have salmon with some sauteed vegetables. I try to keep everything as a variety. The only Atkins pre-made meal I ever eat is the Chicken Margarita, only one I ever really liked, I keep one in the freezer in case I'm too lazy too cook and it's only 7g net.

The main key is to stay in ketosis, you'll know when you are in ketosis because when you work out, you won't be hungry afterwards since your body isn't starving for carbs for energy. It's pretty weird not being hungry after working out but it makes total sense when the science kicks in. Make sure you drink A LOT of water. 1-1.5 gallons but at least a gallon a day. I fill up a gallon container and finish it by the end of the day.

Always eat your veggies, stay away from aspartame as it acts as sugar in your body so if you drink that thinking it's fine, it isn't. If you need to drink soda(sweet type) Pepsi just released a caffeine free and aspartame free diet Pepsi. I usually just drink water or if I need something bubbly then I drink a non-sweetened drink like La Croix or Aquafina's version of it.

Keep a daily log of what you eat so you can stick to your macros easier. And don't forget to recalculate your macros after you lose 20lbs or each month. That's what made the biggest difference when I was stuck at 230lbs, forgot to recalculate my macros so I was still eating as if I was still 298. Did the recalculation then got down to 215lbs pretty quickly.

Right now I'm back on those macros as we just had another girl in January and like every pregnancy my wife has had, I always get cravings (she doesn't) so I gained about 27lbs, not the diet's fault since I didn't adhere to anything during that time plus the first 20 is usually just your body storing reserve energy so that 20lbs will come off pretty quickly.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Holy cow, lots of info Xian. The main thing I got out of that was new baby!!! Congrats!!!

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Cocaine should work pretty good if you have access. Fighters/ wrestlers lose weight the whole week of weight ins by dropping water weight. They drink a ton of coffee also

If you go that route your going to feel like shit at the wedding and the week you cut weight

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
You don't need to eat a lot of fat, just remember that calories are calories. Fats are usually high in calories. I just go by the calculator. My current macros are 20g of Carbs, 120g of Protein and 147g of Fats.

As for typical meals, I usually have a Quest shake for breakfast(7am) since I don't like eating in the morning, if I'm in Ketosis I usually don't get hungry until about 3pm. Out of Ketosis, I get hungry about 11am. If I eat a lunch it's usually just a salad with hardboiled egg, a few pecans and a dressing that I love that's only 1g net carb. For protein I usually have two strips of bacon or a chicken breast that is about 50g.

For Dinner, it will always have vegetables just depends on what I'm feeling that day. Yesterday I had pork sinigang, no rice so just some soup, pork and vegetables. But on a normal day, I like a broccoli and cauliflower mix and a sauteed chicken breast or steak. Sometimes I'll have salmon with some sauteed vegetables. I try to keep everything as a variety. The only Atkins pre-made meal I ever eat is the Chicken Margarita, only one I ever really liked, I keep one in the freezer in case I'm too lazy too cook and it's only 7g net.

The main key is to stay in ketosis, you'll know when you are in ketosis because when you work out, you won't be hungry afterwards since your body isn't starving for carbs for energy. It's pretty weird not being hungry after working out but it makes total sense when the science kicks in. Make sure you drink A LOT of water. 1-1.5 gallons but at least a gallon a day. I fill up a gallon container and finish it by the end of the day.

Always eat your veggies, stay away from aspartame as it acts as sugar in your body so if you drink that thinking it's fine, it isn't. If you need to drink soda(sweet type) Pepsi just released a caffeine free and aspartame free diet Pepsi. I usually just drink water or if I need something bubbly then I drink a non-sweetened drink like La Croix or Aquafina's version of it.

Keep a daily log of what you eat so you can stick to your macros easier. And don't forget to recalculate your macros after you lose 20lbs or each month. That's what made the biggest difference when I was stuck at 230lbs, forgot to recalculate my macros so I was still eating as if I was still 298. Did the recalculation then got down to 215lbs pretty quickly.

Right now I'm back on those macros as we just had another girl in January and like every pregnancy my wife has had, I always get cravings (she doesn't) so I gained about 27lbs, not the diet's fault since I didn't adhere to anything during that time plus the first 20 is usually just your body storing reserve energy so that 20lbs will come off pretty quickly.

Alright thanks for the info, ill try this on Monday if the results of the Military Diet aren't too my satisfaction. Keto seem a bit overkill though because of the restriction on the protein. Would 3 weeks be enough time to see results?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Holy cow, lots of info Xian. The main thing I got out of that was new baby!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks dude. Nothing like having 3 girls...lol But since I'm getting old, they will take care of me when I am old and cranky.

Alright thanks for the info, ill try this on Monday if the results of the Military Diet aren't too my satisfaction. Keto seem a bit overkill though because of the restriction on the protein. Would 3 weeks be enough time to see results?

In 3 weeks, depending on how much you adjust your macros to your liking you can loose (as much as I have seen) about 15lbs in 3 weeks. That's with a strict macro, lots of water and a good amount of exercise. One thing to remember is to stay in Ketosis, don't cheat and eat something you aren't supposed to as that may kick you out of Ketosis and depending on how disciplined you are it can take you longer to get your body into that state. It's easy to stay in Ketosis once you are in though.

Also the protein restriction is only so you maintain your current muscle mass and not gain muscle adding to "weight".

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Also the protein restriction is only so you maintain your current muscle mass and not gain muscle adding to "weight".

Question; would doing this and not cut the protein still be beneficial? Gain muscle weight and lose fat?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Question; would doing this and not cut the protein still be beneficial? Gain muscle weight and lose fat?

It depends, some people react differently to more protein, some are fine and some get kicked out of ketosis if too much is consumed in one sitting (300-400+ grams aka roughly 1 lb).

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Alright week 2 done, im down to 205.3lbs, so lost about 6lbs. This Military Diet actually works & i've been eating chips, burgers, & pizza on some days. Going to do it one more week & then do the Keto diet.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
So i got down to 203lbs & decided to try out the Keto diet...Man i should not have done that, i gain most of the weight i lost & im feeling bloated & my clothes are tight again. Im not sure what's going on, im doing more fats, ok amounts of protein, & less then 20grams of carbs. My caloric intake is about 1600-1800. I bought a keto test strip & shows that i have moderate amount. I cut out all soda & been drinking so much water. Im not even hungry most of the time yet im not losing but gaining. Its been 5 days. Only got 17days till the wedding, should stop & go back to the military diet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It just sounds like you cut a lot of water weight before you started, not a good thing to do. Once you get dehydrated and are on a strict diet, you'll get some horrible muscle cramps if you get them where it feels like it's locking up. I'd rather be hydrated.

Also, what did you eat exactly? You should only be weighing yourself once a week on the same day and at the same time, every time.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
A buddy of mine swears by an all-Soylent diet - he says Version 1.7 tastes the best. 60lbs lost and counting...

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I'll say it again: If you're not doing anything very specific (bodybuilding, powerlifting, extreme sports, etc) and you just want to get slimmer and look good, just limit your total daily calorie intake. Simple. Once you hit the bodyweight you are happy with start researching on macro manipulation (protein, carbs, fat) in order to lower bodyfat.

But total calorie intake is your #1 priority here, really.