KoF CG Animation announced KoF: Destiny

Steveotron

n00b
Was browsing Twitter and saw that this has been announced today, thought I would post it.

http://kofd.snkchina.com.cn

would prefer if it was 2d animation personally, but I hope it does well for them so they can make more of everything.

looks ok, id watch it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The trailer has been out for several days. I think the character designs are heinous.

We may still get an anime (if the CG ends up being considered the live action part), but I'm not having high hopes for it to be good:

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10060.html

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
we'll see. even if it does suck, at least we will always have fatal fury the motion picture. and still looking forward to embers, the fatal fury fan made live action movie.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
If this flops, SNK can dice up the footage and use it for pachislot games.

And if it succeeds, maybe we'll finally get that Ragnagard movie.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
quickly went from oh that looks awesome!!!!....to UGH what the fuck is this?!

man....

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It lacks polish and looks only a fraction better than the CGI from Wild Ambition but at least they are revisiting the Fatal Fury storyline again and I'll always watch new interpretations of the Geese-Terry feud.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I don't know man. Have you seen the latest trailers for this project?

i just saw this music video. and hope the footage used isn't from the actual movie. because if it is, OMFG!.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It lacks polish and looks only a fraction better than the CGI from Wild Ambition but at least they are revisiting the Fatal Fury storyline again and I'll always watch new interpretations of the Geese-Terry feud.

The PS1 WA intro is one of my favourite intros.

Last edited:

Steveotron

n00b
The trailer has been out for several days. I think the character designs are heinous.

We may still get an anime (if the CG ends up being considered the live action part), but I'm not having high hopes for it to be good:

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10060.html

oh ok cool, yeah I would love an anime. I really enjoyed the Fatal Fury Movie when I watched it a few years ago, glad to see there is a blu ray release on its way for that.

Taiso - yeah I agree, but I'm for anything that will have a go at the Fatal Fury storyline.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
quickly went from oh that looks awesome!!!!....to UGH what the fuck is this?!

Isn't the trend these days with new anime/cg series is to make a good teaser, then they slack off on the show that airs, then fix the animation for home media release?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
2001 called, they want their cinematic CG back.

Hell, Final Fantasy Spirits Within looks better than this.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
"Joe Higashi Was Defeated"

EDIT: Trying to sell me on this when you are showing Terry getting beaten up by some dude with the most boring clothes and hairstyle in the history of mankind coupled with the stiffest and worst fight choreography I've ever seen in a fan film is not a good idea. So glad I didn't actually back this.

Also, how sad is it that the only real set in any of this is a MMA training cage?

It's like the city he wants to shoot in knows how bad this is going to be and they won't allow it.

SNK needs to pull the plug on this. This is the kind of fan production that can actually damage the credibility of the IP, and it's the reason why companies pay for copyrights. It's not even an original take on the existing story from what we can see so far-it's just a rip off of Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle.

The video's editing is also strangely bizarre-what's with them splicing in the musical artists at the weirdest places?

But if it somehow survives production and gets released, I'll still watch it for free.

But dude needs to watch Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist. That's how you do a fan film.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The Krauser wannabe that was afraid to take his shirt off looks like a sprite ripped straight outta Survival Arts.

At least the Terry actor looks the part and Mai isn't some fat white chick.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The DBZ fan live action movies are incredibly well done if they need a basis for how to do this right.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
But dude needs to watch Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist. That's how you do a fan film.

:buttrock:

assassin's fist is one of the best things i've seen with the street fighter name on it for the past fifteen years. if it was made back in the day, it would of been one of my favourite movies of all time.

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I wish 3D animated films/shows would go away. Other than Disney movies, the last time I remember not minding 3D CG was Reboot.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
....wow that looks crap.

could have been the OP to a chinese KoF MMORPG....

oh wait there was a Korean one though...

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Chinese studios can make some sick shit too if they want to.

appearantly this studio didnt't want to.....

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Despite of the ports on Switch/PSN/XBOX SNK is really losing it´s grip. If KOF XIV and this is the new direction they are going I will pass gladly on everything coming from now on. They can give fan service as they want by resurrecting the old logo, jingle and Future is now slogan - this has nothing to do with Neo Geo and the old SNK at all. It´s a shame...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Despite of the ports on Switch/PSN/XBOX SNK is really losing it´s grip. If KOF XIV and this is the new direction they are going I will pass gladly on everything coming from now on. They can give fan service as they want by resurrecting the old logo, jingle and Future is now slogan - this has nothing to do with Neo Geo and the old SNK at all. It´s a shame...

That live action above is fan made, not SNK made. And that CG movie did not look terrible.

Last edited:

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I am talking about the CG and in my eyes it (and KOF XIV) looks really terrible.