AES Japanese or US...

garza2001

n00b
Just want to see some opinions on the matter..

I'm in the market for a Neo Geo AES.. what is a better model Japanese or American what are the main differences of the two or similarities, I know that both are not region locked..

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I know that both are region locked..

You know nothing.

They're both region free. Only the language changes.

Unibios is your friend.

PM Razoola.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What he said. Every home system needs a Unibios, and once one is installed the original system region is irrelevant.

garza2001

n00b
What he said. Every home system needs a Unibios, and once one is installed the original system region is irrelevant.

Ive heard of unibios.. lots of good things that it does.. but my only concern is I don't know how to solder..

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Japanese AES plays games in Japanese. US AES plays games in Murican Engrish.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Just want to see some opinions on the matter..

I'm in the market for a Neo Geo AES.. what is a better model Japanese or American what are the main differences of the two or similarities, I know that both are not region locked..

This must be a post from 2001. It just comes from a planet in another galaxy far far away, but exactly 16 light years, and reached us now, 16 years later. We finally made contact!!! Maybe they like there Single Female Lawyer, too?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All games are uncensored on the Japanese bios, but games will play in Japanese unless there's an option in the game to change the language.

There are a few other minor differences for certain games. Otherwise that's everything.

Get a Unibios installed or buy a system with one already installed.