Metal Slug 3 on Nintendo Switch Caravan Mode Score

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I picked up Metal Slug 3 two weeks ago, and have played the caravan mode a few times.

Caravan mode is a 5 minute high score challenge.

A week ago, the highest score online was in the 550k range, now it is in the 900k range.

My personal best is 604,930 points.

How many points can you score?

20170319_102651_resized_2-1.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I still love Metal Slug 3, it's sad these days to see it getting so much flack. It was clearly designed under the presumption SNK Corporation wouldn't be making any more slugs, what with going under and all.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I still love Metal Slug 3, it's sad these days to see it getting so much flack. It was clearly designed under the presumption SNK Corporation wouldn't be making any more slugs, what with going under and all.

MS3 has its merits, but it's kind of like getting a DVD of one of your favorite movies and being excited about the cut scenes only to realize there's a reason they were cut. Except with MS3 they're all in there and you can't skip them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
ff6f783d2734955b3fa6dde88d1b581c.jpg

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Since you have time to clear two missions, i'd say the best path is up and then ice cave on mission2.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Since you have time to clear two missions, i'd say the best path is up and then ice cave on mission2.

In all likelihood, clearing two missions is not necessarily the best way to a high score.

You should be able to hit 750K+ in the first mission alone, although to be honest, I haven't played in forever and don't know how much time it would take.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?16534-Slug-3-Level-1-High-Scores

Just remember, as much knifing and pistol as possible. Find all the secret hostages. Does the slug cannon trick work in 3?

3 sucks.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I'm not sure you'd have the time. The zombies take so much of a beating and my time ends right at the top of the hill.

lithy

20 Year Member
721k, I need to figure out how to dispose of the zombies quicker.

Again, speed is not necessarily the name of the game here. You need to understand how the scoring works and where your opportunities are.

Blasting a bad guy with a shotgun gets a quick bad guy death, but each knifing gets you 500 points or each pistol shot 100 points.

Like I said, it has been forever since playing 3, but playing for score is different than just trying to blast your way through as much of the game as possible in 5 minutes.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Again, speed is not necessarily the name of the game here. You need to understand how the scoring works and where your opportunities are.

Blasting a bad guy with a shotgun gets a quick bad guy death, but each knifing gets you 500 points or each pistol shot 100 points.

Like I said, it has been forever since playing 3, but playing for score is different than just trying to blast your way through as much of the game as possible in 5 minutes.

He's playing "caravan mode" though. Not sure if its different from the actual game, but I imagine it is. Don't have this port myself. Might have some gimmick to it where speed gives a bigger bonus.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Caravan Mode is just starting the regular game on default difficulty with a 5 minute timer. So far I'm up to 400,000 something, have a rank of 125. Must do better!

lithy

20 Year Member
He's playing "caravan mode" though. Not sure if its different from the actual game, but I imagine it is. Don't have this port myself. Might have some gimmick to it where speed gives a bigger bonus.

Like Gohan said, its the same game, now I admit that there is probably a balance between standing around waiting for three grunts to appear and wasting thirty seconds for 1500 points, but I would wager that waiting for all of the hostages is necessary for the end stage bonus.

Unless it is possible to get through two full stages, my guess is that the high score is from a flawless mission 1 plus a little of mission 2.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Caravan Mode is just starting the regular game on default difficulty with a 5 minute timer. So far I'm up to 400,000 something, have a rank of 125. Must do better!

Like Gohan said, its the same game, now I admit that there is probably a balance between standing around waiting for three grunts to appear and wasting thirty seconds for 1500 points, but I would wager that waiting for all of the hostages is necessary for the end stage bonus.

Unless it is possible to get through two full stages, my guess is that the high score is from a flawless mission 1 plus a little of mission 2.

I feel that collecting all the hostages is key to getting a really high score (800k or more).

Therefore going underground to get a monkey, doesn't truly help because there are about 7-8 POW hanging from vines in the jungle (boat route).

Lastly, how do people post a spoiler (message that you must click on to see the rest of the post?) I want to post my strategy for getting POW, but don't want to spoil it for anyone that doesn't want any help.

Last edited: