Metal Slug 3 on Nintendo Switch Caravan Mode Score

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
The key here is to speedrun: boat path will prevent you from clearing 2 missions, same for submarine path. But then you have enough time to go the ice cave route, which has lots of potential 30k bonus. Make sure you keep 5 bombs to defeat the boss in zombie form.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I feel that collecting all the hostages is key to getting a really high score (800k or more).

Therefore going underground to get a monkey, doesn't truly help because there are about 7-8 POW hanging from vines in the jungle (boat route).

Lastly, how do people post a spoiler (message that you must click on to see the rest of the post?) I want to post my strategy for getting POW, but don't want to spoil it for anyone that doesn't want any help.

Spoiler:
open bracket spoiler close bracket

GameFAQs actually has a pretty solid hostage guide.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Thanks for the advice on putting a spoiler in a post.
I'm stuck at 748k mark.

I can't seem to get very far in the second level before the five minute time limit runs out.

Last edited:

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Do you take the submarine path with 8 random 30k bonus? You can clear the mission with the 10th prisonner at time 55, then maybe clear 2nd mission.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Do you take the submarine path with 8 random 30k bonus? You can clear the mission with the 10th prisonner at time 55, then maybe clear 2nd mission.

I was not taking the submarine path, but will begin taking it today.
Hopefully this will help me break my previous score.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah that's the best path. In fact you can't clear 2 missions so best strat is to finish boss at 51 when a pow gives a random 50k item. After that go as fast as you can to finish with the 150k heli combo.

Gemant

Member,
There is a photo with the actual top 10 about this game in caravan mode? and also for Slug 1?

Gemant

Member,
For Slug1 on ps4 it was 3,275,290 on april 30th.

oh! great score!! from japanese user I think...

I suppose is without autofire but is not impossible confirm this because on ps4 is possible use joytick with incorporate autofire (the difference is about 200.000 pts)