Hi Lads... Rot here... Need some help cc. PCE Super System 3.0 Cards....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Lads... Rot here...

Anyway, I got a few copies of the super system card 3.0...

None of them boot in any of the pcengines i got. I have tested them on the PCengine, Turbo Grafx and Turbografx 2...

The super system card 1.0 works fine...

s-l200.jpg

Anyone got any ideas or input here?... ANY help would be awesome...

Sexual favours are optional for help recieved...

xROTx

PS. HELP ME... OR I'LL Tear your balls off...:keke:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Are you using it with a Super CD-ROM^2 attached? If so, it already has a System 3.0 BIOS.

P.s. Maybe dirty pins?

P.p.s. Are you sure that card is supposed to work for Turbografx systems? That sounds like a region issue, but I know Europe had a different Turbografx released from NA.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
yeah those all only work on PCE unless your TG is region modded.

as mentioned, if it's a super CDrom2 you are set without card. If it's a briefcase than I am stumped, unless you have a wonky region mod or something.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am using a... Briefcase White Jap PC Engine... err.. it's not been modded:D

The person that helps with solution... I'll owe a favour too... kthx:p

xROTx

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
weird! I haven't read anything on Super System cards failing. what if you put the hucard all the way in and pull it back out just the tiniest bit before turning on. I've had plenty of PCE's that I've had to do this with.

Alternative method to do the same thing: Put in Hucard all the way, turn on - assuming it's still not working pull hucard outwards while still on so it bumps up against the guard that prevents you from pulling it out. Then turn off and on again.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
In the pic that you posted, the contacts look really dirty. I'd start there...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
In the pic that you posted, the contacts look really dirty. I'd start there...

Contacts cleaned... still only get white screen of death:p

xROTx

PS. I have special man juice cleaning solution...;)

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
what if you put the hucard all the way in and pull it back out just the tiniest bit before turning on. I've had plenty of PCE's that I've had to do this with.

This is good advice. I've had HuCards that wouldn't work when pushed in fully. Had to pull it out just the slightest bit to get it working successfully every time I tried it.

Have you cleaned the cart slot as well? Might be worth a shot.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I put a little DeOxIt D5 on the pins of my non-working HuCards and insert-remove them a dozen times to clean out the console connector. That's always gotten them working again for me at least.

Can't think of any other reason beyond a dirty/failed card for the System 3.0 card you have pictured to not work with a white PC Engine Briefcase setup.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'll try all this soon lads... because atm...

I am drinking whisky and considering why i have drank a litre bottle in under 2 days...

xROTx

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'll try all this soon lads... because atm...

I am drinking whisky and considering why i have drank a litre bottle in under 2 days...

xROTx

hurrrrrryyyyy the anticipation is killing me

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah Rot, I agree with everyone here. I have a System 3.0 card that was really flakey even though it looked clean. It took some cleaning with Deoxit to get it working 100% again. The PC Engine isn't super picky about game cards being that dirty, but system cards have to be perfect.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I can't sleep until I know you sorted this out...I'm running on caffeine and hatred for mankind over here.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
I had two hucards that didn't work after cleaning with isopropyl alcohol. One was the Super System Card 3.0, I tried cleaning it with Brasso and it started working again. Worth a try.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
He ended up inserting it all the way and then backing it out a bit (TWSS) then they worked fine.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can't sleep until I know you sorted this out...I'm running on caffeine and hatred for mankind over here.

Hah... ANYWAY... finally got time to:

1. Clean Contacts...
2. Do what Go_Balls_XxX suggested and wiggle the 3.0 Card out a bit...

FINALLY got them working... Thanks for the advice guys...

xROTx

PS. This just goes to show... if you go balls deep on somethings... it sometimes doesn't turn out well...:keke:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Hah... ANYWAY... finally got time to:

1. Clean Contacts...
2. Do what Go_Balls_XxX suggested and wiggle the 3.0 Card out a bit...

FINALLY got them working... Thanks for the advice guys...

xROTx

PS. This just goes to show... if you go balls deep on somethings... it sometimes doesn't turn out well...:keke:

this brings me great joy both spiritually and in my loins

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I had two hucards that didn't work after cleaning with isopropyl alcohol. One was the Super System Card 3.0, I tried cleaning it with Brasso and it started working again. Worth a try.

Fiber optic cleaning brush. My father in law introduced me to them. They clean contacts perfectly in record time. No more scrubbing with q-tips or erasers for me. Worth every penny