SNK Neo Geo MH-MV1T boot issues

Dreygor

n00b
I have a SNK Neo Geo one slot that will not boot. I have checked the power and it's good. I have tried a few different carts I have tried monkeying with the dip switches. No change it keeps doing the same thing. If someone has some insight on how to fix this please let me know. I do not have the skill set to solder or go deep into board repair. However if someone is capable of fixing this please let me know.

This is a video of what it is doing .. instead of doing what it is supposed to be doing :(

Here are pictures of the board

z9M65oA.jpg

ukTzYZ9.jpg

wWbLNel.jpg

Thank you
-Drey

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Looks like you're stuck in "watchdog". Look closely at the board for damaged traces or chips that are running very hot when powered on, specifically the RAM chips.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
First step is remove the battery sitting near the hard DIP switch block. It's a ticking time bomb that might have already leaked onto the board and eaten traces.

For a board in watchdog mode aka click of death, it means there's a broken trace(s) or dead chip that is part of the 68k CPU, BIOS and "Work" SRAM area. The backup RAM near the battery is also related, they connect inline with the RAM for CPU code. The RAMs in particular can cause strange problems if their enable lines are disconnected (pins 20, 22 and 27).

Last edited:

Dreygor

n00b
OK fixing boards and soldering is out of my skill set. Do you guy know someone I could send this board to be repaired?