Games That Should Have Been On The NEOGEO

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
I'm currently playing some Smash TV and I can't help but wonder how much better this game would have been on the Neo.

I also wonder what Super Mario Bros would have looked like on the system.

What games do you think would have benefited from the SNK treatment?

Two awesomely dumb suggestions. I'm trying to think of less-fitting suggestions for MVS conversions, but I'm coming up blank.

i would of loved an arcade perfect port of street fighter alpha 2 on the neo back in the day.

Eh, another one that doesn't make any sense. It reads more like "Alpha 2 is a good game. I also like Neo Geo."

NG has ported/upgraded titles with some success, so it's not without reason to come up with some more. SDB and Viewpoint were fun takes on great existing titles.

I think games like Arch Rivals and Pigskin 621 A.D. would be great candidates for the NG treatment. Two games that have a conventional button layout and have graphics that would certainly benefit from some upgrades/polish.

I also think something more classic like Q-Bert and Dig-Dug would be fun. I could imagine huge sprites and color palette of the Neo making for a great face-lift. Neo Dig-Dug would fucking rule, but you might have to add Aero Fighter sidebars to mimic the tate look of the original.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Smash T.V. is awesome, especially on SNES. Love the controls. Neo Geo would have done it justice for sure.

I would say Crystalis obviously.

The Neo Geo needs a good vertical SHMUP though. I would liked to have seen perfect arcade ports of Truxton, and Splatterhouse. Donpachi would have been nice as well.

Seriously, how awesome would an arcade perfect port of Splatterhouse 1 be? Pretty fucking awesome in my opinion.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Smash T.V. is awesome, especially on SNES. Love the controls. Neo Geo would have done it justice for sure.

I would say Crystalis obviously.

The Neo Geo needs a good vertical SHMUP though. I would liked to have seen perfect arcade ports of Truxton, and Splatterhouse. Donpachi would have been nice as well.

Seriously, how awesome would an arcade perfect port of Splatterhouse 1 be? Pretty fucking awesome in my opinion.

Oh yeah RPG on the neo!

Do you want that Truxton and Donpachi stretched vertizontally? That will make those ports absolutely perfect!

Last edited:

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Oh yeah RPG on the neo!

Do you want that Truxton and Donpachi stretched vertizontally? That will make those ports absolutely perfect!

Don't forget an arcade perfect port of Splaterhouse! You know, the game you could play on the TG-16 and Sega Genesis..... and the arcade. Because is was released..... in the arcade.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Don't forget an arcade perfect port of Splaterhouse! You know, the game you could play on the TG-16 and Sega Genesis..... and the arcade. Because is was released..... in the arcade.

Ok fine, but how awesome would it be?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Arkanoid, Tecmo Bowl, Final Fight, Space Harrier, After Burner X...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't even understand this thread. Clearly, it is too awesome!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
A while back I played a SNES game called Fatal Fury. It would be super awesome if that were on NeoGeo.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Virtua Fighter would be perfect - It only uses 3 out of the 4 buttons!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Virtua Fighter would be perfect - It only uses 3 out of the 4 buttons!

I could see the mega drive version of it ported. That said take the Neo title Aggressors of Dark Kombat for example, moving your character via multiple planes as in VF. You could very much emulate the three dimensional space and have some kickass 2D sprites going here.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Oh yeah RPG on the neo!

Actually that would be fine as long as there is a tate option. Like the one in most shooters.

The TG16 version is shit compared to the arcade one, and it was never released on the genesis. You're thinking of parts 2 and 3. Maybe the fm towns version is arcade perfect, I don't know.

AWESOME!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Actually that would be fine as long as there is a tate option. Like the one in most shooters.

A tate option like most shooters?!

What shooters on arcade hardware function like 32-bit (and beyond) ports that include both yoko and tate?
None!

It doesn't work that way.

Further more, what Neo Geo titles ran in a true tate orientation? None!

I'm sure this wasn't without a reason.

I understand what it's like to indulge oneself and entertain unrealistic video game fantasies...

However, your posts demonstrate such extreme contextual unawareness (like the OP's). This lack of awareness is the very reason why threads like these prove terrible every time!

Last edited:

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Weaponlord instead of the SNES

You better leave Weaponlord out of this shitty thread. A damn fine game on the Snes. Now back to silly bullshit....ummm..ummm....final fantasy.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Pitfall!, the original The Legend of Zelda, and Sonic The Hedgehog.

Real talk: anyone who posted un-ironically in this thread should be banned for 2 weeks.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
A tate option like most shooters?!

What shooters on arcade hardware function like 32-bit (and beyond) ports that include both yoko and tate?
None!

It doesn't work that way.

Further more, what Neo Geo titles ran in a true tate orientation? None!

I wasn't talking about arcade hardware, I was talking about the AES. Which I understand is the same basically. What I am referring to are the many ports on other consoles, namely Dreamcast and Saturn that have been ported from arcade to those respective consoles and include both a horizontal and vertical options. I think a vertical SHMUP with those options on the Neo Geo would nice.

Is it technically possible? I don't know, and I didn't care. Now that you mentioned it however, I would love for you to school me on the technicality behind this being impossible.

I'm sure this wasn't without a reason.

I understand what it's like to indulge oneself and entertain unrealistic video game fantasies...

However, your posts demonstrate such extreme contextual unawareness (like the OP's). This lack of awareness is the very reason why threads like these prove terrible every time!

The reason threads like this prove terrible every time is because of old, grumpy members like yourself who love to flex their nerdliness by pointing out technicalities no one cares about in a hypothetical discussion. As if it is ever going to actually happen anyway. The discussion was for fun, who gives a shit if it's possible.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The reason threads like this prove terrible every time is because of old, grumpy members like yourself who love to flex their nerdliness by pointing out technicalities no one cares about in a hypothetical discussion.

Oh, come on man. This thread went full retard right out of the gate when OP wanted a twin-stick game to come out on a system with standardized controls featuring a single stick. Follows that up with SMB, then asks what games would have "benefited from the SNK treatment". What the fuck does that even mean?

Had the OP asked what TYPES of games we would have liked to see come out on the Neo, then that would have been a good question.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Oh, come on man. This thread went full retard right out of the gate when OP wanted a twin-stick game to come out on a system with standardized controls featuring a single stick. Follows that up with SMB, then asks what games would have "benefited from the SNK treatment". What the fuck does that even mean?

Had the OP asked what TYPES of games we would have liked to see come out on the Neo, then that would have been a good question.

I see what you're getting a Jibbs. Smash wouldn't work with an arcade stick. But with a CD controller it could play like the snes version. Actually its been a long time since i played smash tv on snes. I can't even remember if it used the shoulder buttons.

I just get tired of everyone arguing around here bitching about every little insignificant thing. I come here to take a break after work, cause work is full of a bunch of asshats that like to tattle on people because they love to feed of negativity, and they think it makes them feel better. I get the same vibe here anymore. Lots of great members but more everyday fedding off the negativity they create.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
You better leave Weaponlord out of this shitty thread. A damn fine game on the Snes. Now back to silly bullshit....ummm..ummm....final fantasy.

LOL, it was ahead of its time. Wouldn't mind playing it now as I think I have the patience for new things.

OK, for silly BS how about Castlevania SOTN?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
then asks what games would have "benefited from the SNK treatment". What the fuck does that even mean?

Haha, ughhhh

I wasn't talking about arcade hardware, I was talking about the AES. Which I understand is the same basically. What I am referring to are the many ports on other consoles, namely Dreamcast and Saturn that have been ported from arcade to those respective consoles and include both a horizontal and vertical options. I think a vertical SHMUP with those options on the Neo Geo would nice.

Is it technically possible? I don't know, and I didn't care. Now that you mentioned it however, I would love for you to school me on the technicality behind this being impossible.

I'm tech ignorant to the extreme, so sorry, I won't be able to "school" you.

AES as opposed to MVS doesn't justify your lunacy here. Both a yoko and tate version of a single title wasn't going to be crammed into a cart/pcb like a Saturn cdrom/dreamcast gd rom. It being an AES cart doesn't make it any less crazy.

The 900,000MEGASHOCK late 80's Toaplan neo home cart would have been an expensive and awful business move. An impossible move!

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The original Strider always felt like it would have been a perfect fit on neo hardware rather than the cps1. I dare to imagine what could have been done with all the possible sprite work, animation, and sound/additional speech.

Perhaps in an alternate universe, Osman may have been a neo geo title.

Last edited: