Games That Should Have Been On The NEOGEO

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
I'm currently playing some Smash TV and I can't help but wonder how much better this game would have been on the Neo.

I also wonder what Super Mario Bros would have looked like on the system.

What games do you think would have benefited from the SNK treatment?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm currently playing some Smash TV and I can't help but wonder how much better this game would have been on the Neo.

You've gotten lucky with the popularity of your KOF98 thread and it got to your head.

You're getting reckless/foolish

Cool it

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I mean..why would a western developed twin stick game be better on the Neo Geo??
This doesn't make any sense

How would a console style to the bone game like Super Mario Bros. benefit running on arcade hardware?
Who cares what it would have looked like.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Bubble Bobble

I'd like to see that! I can imagine huge ass sprites and screen shaking along with a power meter which, when filled, would allow you to execute some kind of devastating, flashing, screen filling attack which slows down gameplay for a few seconds.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Mutant League Hockey. The Neo Geo Needed a Hockey game to make the sports line-up complete.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Dragoon Might

Down to the title logo in the corner during the demo/attract. Totally looks, feels, and sounds like a NeoGeo game. Totally thought it was one when I saw it on a random machine in Osaka during the 90s.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i would of loved an arcade perfect port of street fighter alpha 2 on the neo back in the day.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Mutant League Hockey. The Neo Geo Needed a Hockey game to make the sports line-up complete.

Agreed! I always wonder why it didn't. I'm not a huge hockey fan nor is it popular down here in my region of the southern US but I enjoy playing a decent hockey game now and again.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
ASID is on point here :keke:

Smash TV...maybe with a CD pad?

CPS1 ports would have been doable except that Capcom was a competitor.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
i know the neo had a decent selection of shmups but it would have been nice to have seen tengai, in the hunt, or battle garegga on the neo!

as far as sports nba hang time and nba jam would have been awesome!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey guys, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Sonic the hedgehog game on the neo!

They should have ported that snes game Ninja Master's !

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I would have liked a neo geo (better colors, animation, characters, etc) version of Tecmo Bowl and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. With the same upgrade of the game as super dodge ball and baseball stars 2 had over the NES version.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I also would have liked a smash bros type game with characters from my favorite neo games.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You've gotten lucky with the popularity of your KOF98 thread and it got to your head.

You're getting reckless/foolish

Cool it

I mean..why would a western developed twin stick game be better on the Neo Geo??
This doesn't make any sense

How would a console style to the bone game like Super Mario Bros. benefit running on arcade hardware?
Who cares what it would have looked like.

I have to agree. This is a Reddit-level shitpost.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I also would have liked a smash bros type game with characters from my favorite neo games.

OMG! SNK could even go back and pull characters from Psycho Soldier and Ikari Warriors, along with Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury. Maybe you could have them on teams, but let players mix it up... like Athena, Mai and Yuri.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Final Fight on an MVS cart would be good. In fact any Capcom beat em up would have been good on the Neo Geo.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Gaia Crusaders. Although the neo got its own version as Sengoku 3. Should have gotten that cart while it was reasonable.