Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Been a long time.....10 years

  1. #1
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68

    Been a long time.....10 years

    Hello,

    I haven't been on here in a while, I started collecting neo geo aes games in 2007 but had to focus all my time on work and my kids. I had kept all my games 15 aes games in total with my system as well as my MVS collection around 25 total in storage until we could buy a house. Long story short my entire collection as well as neo geo collection was decimated by hurricane sandy. I lost my mind and gave up on all of it. My son started playing games and loves playing fatal fury on a machine at a local pizza place. I'm looking to surprise him with an aes system and start collecting for him.

  2. #2
    Blacknoah Boatswain's Mate
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    5,841
    Which games were destroyed!!

  3. #3
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,162
    All of them.

  4. #4
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Which games were destroyed!!
    Off the top of my head
    Fatal fury special
    Samurai spirits
    Baseball all stars
    Nam 1975
    King of the monsters
    Kof 95,96,97
    Snk vs capcom

  5. #5
    Cham Cham's Banana
    Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your trash can

    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    Off the top of my head
    Fatal fury special
    Samurai spirits
    Baseball all stars
    Nam 1975
    King of the monsters
    Kof 95,96,97
    Snk vs capcom
    Ouch

  6. #6
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    Off the top of my head
    Fatal fury special
    Samurai spirits
    Baseball all stars
    Nam 1975
    King of the monsters
    Kof 95,96,97
    Snk vs capcom
    You shouldn't store your games on the top of your head, you were asking for trouble if there was a hurricane on it's way.

  7. #7
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    You shouldn't store your games on the top of your head, you were asking for trouble if there was a hurricane on it's way.
    Yeah serves me right then.

  8. #8
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    Yeah serves me right then.
    You seem fun, I'm eager to give you a huge discount on games.

  9. #9
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    You seem fun, I'm eager to give you a huge discount on games.
    I'm tons of fun, I didn't know there was discounts on neo geo games

  10. #10
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    I'm tons of fun, I didn't know there was discounts on neo geo games
    Do some fun stuff

  11. #11
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    Do some fun stuff
    you're mom was fun, but not that much on the second time around

  12. #12
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,223
    Buy a neosd. 1 cart. That's all you need.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #13
    Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Am Heimcomputer sitz' ich hier... programmier' die Zukunft mir...

    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    you're mom was fun, but not that much on the second time around
    I like this guy already. Just called stevenk's mom a disappointing slut.


    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  14. #14
    Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    GutsDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Metairie, LA

    Posts
    3,485
    Dayum.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

  15. #15
    Occult Archmage
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW

    Posts
    5,498
    This thread is going places. I lold twice.

  16. #16
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    I like this guy already. Just called stevenk's mom a disappointing slut.
    Mum

  17. #17
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AUST

    Posts
    9,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Buy a neosd. 1 cart. That's all you need.
    This is a requirement of re-entry, come on do it!

    Also..




    For the tunes chat crew!

  18. #18
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    8,827
    Oh well... at least dcx516 heeded my advice... unlike that other n00b who went all weird on me...

    Geez... I was awesome polite as well..

    xROTx

    PS. Get a Neosd... they be cool...

  19. #19
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    dcx516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach NY

    Posts
    68
    Yes sir, I may look stupid but I can read! I'm bidding on an AES now and I found 5 games in my parents attic. My son is going to lose his mind


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Lasso Champion
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    Yes sir, I may look stupid but I can read! I'm bidding on an AES now and I found 5 games in my parents attic. My son is going to lose his mind


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Sorry about your loss... Happy for your find and your son!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  21. #21
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    3,660
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    All of them.
    But decimated means 1/10th...
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  22. #22
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,303
    the usual boring disclaimer: everything Neo has gone up to crazy prices in the last few years.

    you should consider selling those NGH carts and going MVS. Or just buy aforementioned flashcart.

  23. #23
    Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Am Heimcomputer sitz' ich hier... programmier' die Zukunft mir...

    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    Dirty little fuck pig
    I stand corrected.


    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  24. #24
    Yamazaki's Pupil

    SteveNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    I stand corrected.
    King of yo momma jokes, well played.

  25. #25
    Banned Kyle Rayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    Hello,

    I haven't been on here in a while, I started collecting neo geo aes games in 2007 but had to focus all my time on work and my kids. I had kept all my games 15 aes games in total with my system as well as my MVS collection around 25 total in storage until we could buy a house. Long story short my entire collection as well as neo geo collection was decimated by hurricane sandy. I lost my mind and gave up on all of it. My son started playing games and loves playing fatal fury on a machine at a local pizza place. I'm looking to surprise him with an aes system and start collecting for him.
    Good luck, that would be a fund project to do with him. thats a lot of lawns to mow if he wants to get a game on his own!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •