MVS resetting problem

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
So I sat down to play a little neo today, but I came across a problem; my games are resetting!
I tried last blade, kof 03, and nam-1975.
All reset at different points, but the cart would always reset at the same spot.
Last blade would reset at the end of the first match, kof after the screen showing the second, and nam would do it after coining up.
Is this a problem with my supergun, motherboard, or the carts?
What should I check?

For the record I'm using a supergun with an arcade psu and jrok, an mv-1b motherboard, and legit carts

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Sounds like a power issue. Is your voltage dropping? Does your SG have a voltometer?

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
That's kinda what I figured.
Whipped out my meter, sitting at a steady 4.96v.
Tested some other games, they all worked fine.
Come back to the original trio, and they're fine now too.
I dunno, maybe SNK was just trying to keep me from embarrassing myself in last blade

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The MV1B barely pulls 1A of current so I doubt it's the PSU. Could be just dirty contacts as it would explain everything. Keep in mind some games use different pins that others don't. This is why keeping the carts and slots clean is key.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
My NGCD was reseting (but not at the same spot) I found that the PSU had a bad solder. If I hit it lightly it would reset, I just re-solder and got it back. Maybe it is your problem, try another PSU if you have one.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I would clear the backup RAM and re-test. If you've got a unibios, enable the hardware check in the unibios menu and see what is reported on reboot.