Thread: Beats of Rage, NeoGeo port.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Beats of Rage, NeoGeo port.

This looks fun, not sure if it has already been posted. Something from HPMAN, an open source port running on NeoGeo.

Below are the neogeo wip progress

Last edited by Razoola; 03-07-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Cham Cham's Banana

This looks cool

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Nice! I will always give a new beat em up a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Awesome to see this ported to neo geo. Thank you for sharing!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

This looks pretty cool, nice to see new content being ported.

Shlong King

Nice game for Neo Geo

Geese's Thug

I love a scrolling beat 'em up, and there's potential there, but it's not really oozing playability at the moment.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Whoa, this is huge news... there are tons of great beat 'em ups recreated in BOR.

If the engine gets correctly ported, we could have lots of classics running on our Neos, including all Capcom's CPS1 hits.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

If this gets the conversion it deserves this will be great. Hopefully work progresses on this even if it's slow.
    My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    If this gets the conversion it deserves this will be great. Hopefully work progresses on this even if it's slow.
    Slow is fine as long as its smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

It's really cool that this is coming to the Neo. Is it worth making a repro cart? I think not, since this game has already been available as a fan project on so many other systems. There will be many fan projects and somewhere I have to draw the line.

That's why it's great that the NeoSD exists now. Hopefully we'll see lots more projects like this, and we'll be able to play them on real hardware without destroying carts. I need to get a NeoSD sooner or later.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 03-07-2017 at 01:05 PM.

NEST Puppet

Fantastic news, there's some pretty good mods for the Dreamcast version.... be interesting to see where this goes with a Neo Geo based revival.

Would be awesome to play it in a cab! I'm down for an MVS cart if it's not crazy money.

King's Dry Cleaner

This is all too new still, but I'm really hopeful that NeoSD will ignite a new wave of homebrew projects on the Neo. Belt-scrolling beat 'em ups are welcome anytime.

Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason

Thumbs up

Holy sex. This look awesome.

Minor quibbles:
    • The female death/defeat scream is horrific on my ear bone.
    • Bummer that they used the strike noises from Bare Knuckle 3, instead of BK2. BK3 always sounds like a slap fight to me.

Other than that, I love it. I've always thought the Neo was lacking in the beat'em column. While I enjoy the Sengokus, and Mutation Nation looks great, they've never come close to the depth and feel of a Bare Knuckle, or Final Fight.

Being able to play this on a cabinet would be pretty bichin' cool.

Edit: I quite enjoy the slow bounce on Angel. It touches me in my base nature.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    I've always thought the Neo was lacking in the beat'em column. While I enjoy the Sengokus, and Mutation Nation looks great, they've never come close to the depth and feel of a Bare Knuckle, or Final Fight.
    I've always been fond of the beat 'em ups. They're different from Capcom in lacking that polish, but they all have a great campy feel to them.

Fighting near a roller coaster with some big dude in a klansman's hat with the swastika (or Buddhist symbol, who knows). That's great. Even Burning Fight, which tried so hard to be Final Fight but came up short, has some redeeming qualities, like Hulk Hogan crashing through a water fountain and a dicksucking hobo.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

I've played BoR and some of the mod paks years ago. Whether it's the ones based on licensed games, or "original" mods, they all lacked polish to some degree. Some of the mods were like bad MUGEN setups (unbalanced characters, inconsistent sprites, questionable hit detection), and the backgrounds are almost always non-interactive backdrops.

I wish the Senile team finished the Age of the Beast project. I recall that had potential as an original beat 'em up.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Now we have the wonderful NeoSD, presumably we just need a .neo file to play this. Are any such files available for this or other games? ;-)

SEARCH
    FUNCTION
    GOD!

I used to love playing this game on my dreamcast back in the day.

Thread Information