The new obamacare.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I hate to say it but ANY healthcare system that relies on the government won't work on the long run. It would be a better option to try and fix the bloated/overpriced healthcare industry as a whole to begin with instead of paying more money into it on the government's and citizens behalf.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I have seen it put forward elsewhere that no country to implement universal healthcare, to date, has abandoned it.

Haven't fact checked the claim.

But most "minimal government" cost controlling solutions I've seen end up boiling down to tort reform, which is a joke. What are you suggesting?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I hate to say it but ANY healthcare system that relies on the government won't work on the long run. It would be a better option to try and fix the bloated/overpriced healthcare industry as a whole to begin with instead of paying more money into it on the government's and citizens behalf.

What about an education system that relies on the government? Can that work in the long run?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Do you really think a corporation will put other people's health over profits? Your opinion is wrong. :(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Do you really think a corporation will put other people's health over profits? Your opinion is wrong. :(

thats the thing. the government is supposed to take care of its people or at least look out for their best interests as elected representatives of the population.

A corporation is there to make a profit.

NexusX

Astra Superstar

And no I do not think that a company has a heart... which is exactly why I said the government would be better suited raining in and dealing with the broken corporate system first then you can let free market work itself out. Government is ment to regulate free market not take part in it as an entity or completely control it.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
“Isn’t it high time that the USA adopted a single-payer system of food insurance. After all, nothing is more important than food; no one can survive more than a few days without eating. Leaving the provision of food to the whims and caprices of the free market is simply a recipe for malnutrition and starvation. And obviously the poor and the minorities have very little access to food under horse-and-buggy market arrangements.

Under the proposed system, the government would establish a National Feeding System (NFS) to which everyone would be required to belong and make premium payments. Everyone engaged in producing and distributing food would be drafted into the system. Whenever anyone got hungry, he would present himself to a licensed provider, who would be authorized to provide stipulated types of food, the costs of which would be billed to the NFS at prices the agency had established. Only foods the NFS had found to be necessary for the individual eater would be provided and their costs reimbursed.

This system would permit great reductions in administrative costs. Unnecessary duplication (e.g., 75 different kinds of breakfast cereal, 27 different kinds of yogurt, etc.) would be eliminated. The poor, at long last, would all get adequate food; the rich would get the same food, thereby ensuring equity and equal dignity at the dinner table. Farm organizations would no longer be required, because all farmers would be organized into vast collective farms where government managers would ensure that only the best methods, seeds, fertilizers, and so forth were used, according to strict government requirements based on settled science.

Would not this arrangement be a huge improvement over the anarchy of the present means of food supply and distribution? What could possibly go wrong?”

– Robert Higgs

ps fuck trump

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Food options are pretty easy for people to finance but if you get injured and your insurance sucks, you're fucked. Doctors have no mercy. Pay up or live with no arms and legs. Doctors need to pay for their children's $40k/yr tuition elementary school, their Teslas and beemers, and their mortgages. That doesn't come from doing charity work.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Food options are pretty easy for people to finance but if you get injured and your insurance sucks, you're fucked. Doctors have no mercy. Pay up or live with no arms and legs. Doctors need to pay for their children's $40k/yr tuition elementary school, their Teslas and beemers, and their mortgages. That doesn't come from doing charity work.

Honestly, I think one of the major problems is the price of medical school. Doctors use this to justify their fees. Graduates should be reimbursed for a large fraction of their tuition so they can't make that argument. Then again, they're going to charge whatever the fuck they want when you're bleeding out and have no other options.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Honestly, I think one of the major problems is the price of medical school. Doctors use this to justify their fees. Graduates should be reimbursed for a large fraction of their tuition so they can't make that argument. Then again, they're going to charge whatever the fuck they want when you're bleeding out and have no other options.

Many older doctors argue that. They argue that they have to charge more because of malpractice insurance. They argue for tort reform. They complain about Obamacare.

Then they charge you $350 as a consult fee for their minute whining to you about shit that really shouldn't affect the cost of medicine

Before driving off in their Tesla, muttering under their breath,

"Poor people."

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

hey man. have a heart. they have boat payments.

also- holy fuck this 'skinny bill'.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Wow. I'm honestly surprised. I suppose he's redeemed himself for now.

giphy.gif

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So they are really letting a guy with a brain disease vote huh.
How come these guys don't have to use the same healthcare we do?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So they are really letting a guy with a brain disease vote huh.
How come these guys don't have to use the same healthcare we do?

Let's take it a step further and ask why their children and grandchildren don't have to use public schools.