Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    I hate to say it but ANY healthcare system that relies on the government won't work on the long run. It would be a better option to try and fix the bloated/overpriced healthcare industry as a whole to begin with instead of paying more money into it on the government's and citizens behalf.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    I have seen it put forward elsewhere that no country to implement universal healthcare, to date, has abandoned it.

Haven't fact checked the claim.

But most "minimal government" cost controlling solutions I've seen end up boiling down to tort reform, which is a joke. What are you suggesting?

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Straight repeal fails 45-54.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    I hate to say it but ANY healthcare system that relies on the government won't work on the long run. It would be a better option to try and fix the bloated/overpriced healthcare industry as a whole to begin with instead of paying more money into it on the government's and citizens behalf.
    What about an education system that relies on the government? Can that work in the long run?
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Alfred Garcia's Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    Do you really think a corporation will put other people's health over profits? Your opinion is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Do you really think a corporation will put other people's health over profits? Your opinion is wrong.
    thats the thing. the government is supposed to take care of its people or at least look out for their best interests as elected representatives of the population.

A corporation is there to make a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

Or if your name is Trump, The government is there to make you a profit.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    What about an education system that relies on the government? Can that work in the long run?
    The education system is failing now. But I never commented about that. Only the Healthcare system.

Banned
    And no I do not think that a company has a heart... which is exactly why I said the government would be better suited raining in and dealing with the broken corporate system first then you can let free market work itself out. Government is ment to regulate free market not take part in it as an entity or completely control it.
    Last edited by NexusX; 07-26-2017 at 08:00 PM.

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    “Isn’t it high time that the USA adopted a single-payer system of food insurance. After all, nothing is more important than food; no one can survive more than a few days without eating. Leaving the provision of food to the whims and caprices of the free market is simply a recipe for malnutrition and starvation. And obviously the poor and the minorities have very little access to food under horse-and-buggy market arrangements.

Under the proposed system, the government would establish a National Feeding System (NFS) to which everyone would be required to belong and make premium payments. Everyone engaged in producing and distributing food would be drafted into the system. Whenever anyone got hungry, he would present himself to a licensed provider, who would be authorized to provide stipulated types of food, the costs of which would be billed to the NFS at prices the agency had established. Only foods the NFS had found to be necessary for the individual eater would be provided and their costs reimbursed.

This system would permit great reductions in administrative costs. Unnecessary duplication (e.g., 75 different kinds of breakfast cereal, 27 different kinds of yogurt, etc.) would be eliminated. The poor, at long last, would all get adequate food; the rich would get the same food, thereby ensuring equity and equal dignity at the dinner table. Farm organizations would no longer be required, because all farmers would be organized into vast collective farms where government managers would ensure that only the best methods, seeds, fertilizers, and so forth were used, according to strict government requirements based on settled science.

Would not this arrangement be a huge improvement over the anarchy of the present means of food supply and distribution? What could possibly go wrong?”

– Robert Higgs

ps fuck trump

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Food analogy doesn't really work, Fam.

Even so...
    Last edited by SML; 07-26-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Food options are pretty easy for people to finance but if you get injured and your insurance sucks, you're fucked. Doctors have no mercy. Pay up or live with no arms and legs. Doctors need to pay for their children's $40k/yr tuition elementary school, their Teslas and beemers, and their mortgages. That doesn't come from doing charity work.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Alfred Garcia's Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Food options are pretty easy for people to finance but if you get injured and your insurance sucks, you're fucked. Doctors have no mercy. Pay up or live with no arms and legs. Doctors need to pay for their children's $40k/yr tuition elementary school, their Teslas and beemers, and their mortgages. That doesn't come from doing charity work.
    Honestly, I think one of the major problems is the price of medical school. Doctors use this to justify their fees. Graduates should be reimbursed for a large fraction of their tuition so they can't make that argument. Then again, they're going to charge whatever the fuck they want when you're bleeding out and have no other options.

Honestly, I think one of the major problems is the price of medical school. Doctors use this to justify their fees. Graduates should be reimbursed for a large fraction of their tuition so they can't make that argument. Then again, they're going to charge whatever the fuck they want when you're bleeding out and have no other options.
    Many older doctors argue that. They argue that they have to charge more because of malpractice insurance. They argue for tort reform. They complain about Obamacare.

Then they charge you $350 as a consult fee for their minute whining to you about shit that really shouldn't affect the cost of medicine

Before driving off in their Tesla, muttering under their breath,

"Poor people."

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    hey man. have a heart. they have boat payments.

also- holy fuck this 'skinny bill'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    It's happening.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Holy shit. McCain votes no. Repeal fails.

Alfred Garcia's Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by SML View Post
    Holy shit. McCain votes no. Repeal fails.
    Wow. I'm honestly surprised. I suppose he's redeemed himself for now.

Takuma's Nurse
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Wow. I'm honestly surprised. I suppose he's redeemed himself for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    So they are really letting a guy with a brain disease vote huh.
    How come these guys don't have to use the same healthcare we do?

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    It never would have come up for debate in the first place without McCain's vote.

From coming back to allow debate, to voting yes on the doomed BCRA, to this, It feels like McCain just ended his career with the troll of a lifetime.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...258865664?s=01
    Last edited by SML; 07-28-2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I got brain problems myself

Takuma's Nurse
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

Let's take it a step further and ask why their children and grandchildren don't have to use public schools.

They elected a guy with brain disease to the Oval office. Who gives a shit?

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    They elected a guy with brain disease to the Oval office. Who gives a shit?
    About just less than half of the voters in the last election displayed signs of extreme brain damage.

Thread Information