The new obamacare.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Imagine if Trump had actually pushed for single payer, like he hinted at in the first Republican debate. The Democratic establishment would have been knocked to its fucking ass. There could have been a real national realignment. Instead he's leaving everything to the fringe/establishment alliance that surrounds him. It didn't have to be like this. It isn't like he really cares about Republican policy.

He could be consequential, in a good way, and have the love and attention he thinks he deserves if he weren't so lazy and unimaginative.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Every time that happens it's the people who get fucked.

Haha I was being sarcastic. I think deregulation is the worst thing that could be done for banks and the medical industrial complex. Not to mention energy companies. Public health, wealth, and everything else would be trampled. It's funny. If I said this shit just five years ago I would have been called a communist. While Occupy had no real vision, they did accomplish a huge thing by brining the concept of the 1% and corporate self interest into the mainstream.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Imagine if Trump had actually pushed for single payer, like he hinted at in the first Republican debate. The Democratic establishment would have been knocked to its fucking ass. There could have been a real national realignment. Instead he's leaving everything to the fringe/establishment alliance that surrounds him. It didn't have to be like this. It isn't like he really cares about Republican policy.

He could be consequential, in a good way, and have the love and attention he thinks he deserves if he weren't so lazy and unimaginative.

I said/hoped for the same thing recently but it's wishful thinking of the highest order. Everything he's doing or wants to do is a gift to industry and the rich. The market is jizzing all over itself at the prospect.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I said/hoped for the same thing recently but it's wishful thinking of the highest order. Everything he's doing or wants to do is a gift to industry and the rich. The market is jizzing all over itself at the prospect.

It's really impressive that he manages to be so erratic, yet so unsurprising at the same time. It's almost paradoxical.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nobody is happy with it. Heritage isn't happy with it and no one to the left of Heritage is happy with it, for different reasons. GOP never should have caught the car.

Heritage got their plan, it is the ACA.

THERE IS NO "OTHER" DONALD TRUMP.
What you see is what you get.

The "Donald Trump" that was just saying crazy shit to get elected and will pivot to more sensible solutions is nothing other than wishful thinking.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Jesus, it's like everything else I've ever said on this sub forum disappeared.

I get that there's no other Donald Trump, but there will be a next Donald Trump, and the next one might have more discipline and imagination. My point was less about the man and more about the situation he's in. Really, it isn't wishful thinking; it's kind of a relief that the guy, shitty as he is, doesn't seem to see, or be interested in, the ways he could be easily outmaneuvering his opponents.

People are easy to manipulate. One day you've got Van Jones declaring you've "become president" in the middle of an address to congress, and before you know it you've got liberals voting for your second term, even though the war with Mexico isn't going as planned, because access to health care is better than ever.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
People are easy to manipulate. One day you've got Van Jones declaring you've "become president" in the middle of an address to congress, and before you know it you've got liberals voting for your second term, even though the war with Mexico isn't going as planned, because access to health care is better than ever.

This post is awesome.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I said/hoped for the same thing recently but it's wishful thinking of the highest order. Everything he's doing or wants to do is a gift to industry and the rich.

I sure do feel safer, though. And this is all going so much better than it would have if that miserable bitch Clinton had been elected. No doubt about that in my mind.

:thevt:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is this possible? Or is it fake ne...fake twitter?

AjDueaP.jpg

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Well I was surprised my premium didn't go up again like it does every year.

Went from 1640/mo to 1610/mo

This shit has to change.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is this possible? Or is it fake ne...fake twitter?

AjDueaP.jpg

Could be legit.

You used to be able to buy "insurance" that only cost $100 a month. But it might have a deductible of $500 and a maximum annual benefit in the high thousands.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Well I was surprised my premium didn't go up again like it does every year.

Went from 1640/mo to 1610/mo

This shit has to change.

Well, we could get with the times and just have a social single-payer system like the rest of the goddamn industrialized world.

Or we could wax philosophical about how we just need to deregulate a little... bit... more!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, we could get with the times and just have a social single-payer system like the rest of the goddamn industrialized world.

I think the real question you need to be asking is: Would you be willing to do what "the rest of the goddamn industrialized world" has done in order to get a single payer system started?

A lot more critical thinking, about MANY issues, needs to done.

Jon

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the real question you need to be asking is: Would you be willing to do what "the rest of the goddamn industrialized world" has done in order to get a single payer system started?

A lot more critical thinking, about MANY issues, needs to done.

Jon

so basically, not something that the current administration is capable of.