The new obamacare.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
strip away the benefits and the stuff that works. make it more expensive with bigger penalties for a lapse in coverage. make sure no normal person can afford it if they need it. take away medicaid from those that need it. potentially set up a monthly tax credit which sounds an awful lot like a monthly entitlement check that these people seem to hate.

included huff post link for maximum trigger.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...877e4b09ab537d63e57?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You mean the Trump administration cares more about ultra-rich corporations than normal people?? But he promised!!!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Bill 610 repeals the No Hungry Kids Act

we are at the point where our government is taking (nutritious) food from children

not evil at all

nope

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
at least we have that wall coming

that will solve everything

Phase 1: Build a border wall between Mexico and US.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: America is Great Again

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Touching Medicaid just guarantees the GOP will lose big in 2018.

Only positive out of all this is that perhaps this will speed up the arrival of some sort of Single Payer system in this country.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Why not get rid of Social Security and Medicare as well?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Don't get sick, Don't get old, Best have a job until you die. Paul Ryan just doesn't give up does he?

With technology advancing at a rapid rate, we need to shed this idea that people having a job or labor is what guarantees you won't die in the streets. Isn't the main purpose of technology to make our lives easier so we don't have to work as much? Healthcare, Education, and a livable wage needs to be paramount in terms of priority or we will all be eating the soilent green soon enough.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
They're working on it. It's all part of making America great (and safe) again.

yep. the ryancare bill is going to raid medicare for funding and as of 2020 it could be completely crippled.

social security is next.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
at least we have that wall coming

that will solve everything

Phase 1: Build a border wall between Mexico and US.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: America is Great Again

Phase 2 = Completely destroy the environment.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Nobody is happy with it. Heritage isn't happy with it and no one to the left of Heritage is happy with it, for different reasons. GOP never should have caught the car.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nobody is happy with it. Heritage isn't happy with it and no one to the left of Heritage is happy with it, for different reasons. GOP never should have caught the car.

Liberals were not overjoyed about the ACA either. It was a half-measure in lieu of a public option. The problem is the Republicans want to "fix" the wrong things (as usual).

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Why do dumbass Americans whine about the inherent parasitism of socialized medicine, while saying fuckall about the government enforced tyranny of hospital monopolies, corraling you poor fucks into paying 20 bucks for every perforated square of toilet paper you wipe your asses with?

Where's the justice in billing a family the price of a mid sized house for every year their kid has leukemia or something?

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Why do dumbass Americans whine about the inherent parasitism of socialized medicine, while saying fuckall about the government enforced tyranny of hospital monopolies corraling you poor fucks into paying 20 bucks for every perforated square of toilet paper you wipe your asses with?

Where's the justice in billing a family the price of a mid sized house for every year your kid has leukemia or something?

Commie.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Where's the justice in billing a family the price of a mid sized house for every year their kid has leukemia or something?

wheres the profit in not charging them the price of a mid sized house every year for leukemia treatments?

its essentially legal blackmail where if you dont pay up, you die.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
its essentially legal blackmail where if you dont pay up, you die.

This strikes at the heart of "private healthcare".

If you've got appendicitis, which hospital are you going to? There's no time to shop around, because you've got a matter of hours before you're keeling over in sepsis.

If you've got appendicitis, how much would you pay for an appendectomy? Any rational actor would say "exactly all of my money and every bit of debt I can incur", because the alternative is a horrible painful death.

There's never going to be a sane market for healthcare, because it violates so many of the basic assumptions of a market economic model.

Single-payer is the only option. Around the world, dozens of other countries faced this crisis, and solved the problem with a social health care program. We, alone, decided to fight that reality.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I think the answer to the overpay-or-die problem is deregulation. Deregulate the banks. Deregulate the medical field. Deregulate and get out of the way. Let the market do its thing. It'll be fine. Totally fine. Let them police themselves.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I think the answer to the overpay-or-die problem is deregulation. Deregulate the banks. Deregulate the medical field. Deregulate and get out of the way. Let the market do its thing. It'll be fine. Totally fine. Let them police themselves.

Every time that happens it's the people who get fucked.