Is there such a thing as a market for loose AES carts?

rlo

n00b
I would be tempted to collect loose AES instead of MVS if there was a market for games that aren't just NAM and AOF. Are loose carts of pricier games unheard of or just rare? I realize somone in possession of a rare loose cart can multiply its value with a "fake" box.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Some eBay flippers sell loose AES carts for inflated value. Though some also sell beat up loose carts for regular prices. Most loose carts though are launch titles like the super spy or Magician Lord

Last edited:

Double Reppuken

NGFL Member., xROTx,
Not too many loose AES carts out there of the expensive games. These games were not cheap, nor produced in quantities such as other consoles of the day (SNES, Genesis, etc). Therefore people who bought them usually took pretty good care of them, kept them complete.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Almost all my AES carts are loose, except for one.

Magician Lord
Blue's Journey
The Super Spy
Riding Hero
Super Baseball 2020 (CIB)
Samurai Shodown 1
Fatal Fury Special
King of Fighters 94

And a few non-kosher items...

It is definitely possible to save some money by going loose, just have to be frugal. As for games later than 1996, they're very rare as loose carts. Not impossible though, just depends.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Its probably not worth it, Loose AES games are the exception and not the rule. Also they would be harder to sell later on if you had to. Most collectors want complete games and realize its not worth it to frankenstein a complete copy together. Depends on the game and price of course.

If you see a loose game a good price then definitely go for it, but trying to exclusively collect loose games would be more hassle then its worth. The rarest game Ive seen loose from the top of my head, would be a Jpn garou.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Half of my AES collection is loose carts. I don't mind because I can usually grab them for half the cost of a CIB copy would cost. I just put the cart into a Shockbox and enjoy the game.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
So true, loose games are very uncommon from what i see. Getting rid of it is definitely a hassle since ive been trying to move my king of the monsters 2 loose u.s. version for a pretty good price conpared to the last sold listing price and still no luck so moving loose games is hard

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Look to pay 1/3 of the complete price. Definitely no more than 1/2.